Worst stadiums ever

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastern Michigan University stadium , in Kalamazoo Mi. the first few performing corps were almost impossible to see account of the sun blasting us right square in the face , and the Amtrak trains blowing their wistles all the way through town ! :thumbup:

Eastern is in Ypsilanti. Western Michigan is in Kazoo.

Argh. We had our first show on tour there this year, and it did not go well. Nobody had a good time with the field, especially the long grass. The only good thing about it was that our vis staff was probably able to identify some pathway issues from the tracks in the grass.

Speaking of the field at Dubuque Sr. High........the Colts show has essentially outgrown the available stadiums in Dubuque.

The nicest, largest, most attractive stadium in town is on the campus of Loras College, an attractive private college affiliated with the Catholic Church.

Problem is that there is not adequate parking for equipment trucks at the stadium (can you say pushing podiums and equipment up and down steep Dubuque hills) AND (this is biggie) there are NO LIGHTS at the stadium. Loras plays only afternoon football games. After all......who would want to be outside for three hours after dark in Dubuque in say........anytime later than the second Saturday of October. Can you say 'Brrrr'?

Manning Bowl. Lynn, MA.

I've seen a few baseball fields mentioned. How about Cooper Stadium in Columbus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_Stadium

When was the last show on a baseball diamond? Certainly that does not happen anymore.

It's worth mentioning now, as they apparently had a big farewell ceremony of sorts in the past few weeks. It will be demolished soon.

The Dream show that used to be in Jersey, City.

It was a falling down baseball field. Part of the field was dry dirt which kicked up as you marched on it.

That was not dirt....it was pigeon droppings...really!!! :bigsmile:

My least favorite was Hamilton, Ont. 2 - 50 yardlines on astro-turf (Canadian football rules), way too many hash marks, and really low stands that were far from the sideline. Besides that, it was nice... :fight:

I've seen a few baseball fields mentioned. How about Cooper Stadium in Columbus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_Stadium

When was the last show on a baseball diamond? Certainly that does not happen anymore.

It's worth mentioning now, as they apparently had a big farewell ceremony of sorts in the past few weeks. It will be demolished soon.

Yes, another bad stadium (I guess, I've never marched there) replaced by a great one (Crew Stadium). My personal least favorite from this year: Westminster, MD. Waiting to go out on the field,

Cool guy, rook-out: (jokenly, as he had marched on this field before) Just use good technique guys!

Sectin leader, age-out: not even that will help you on this field.

When was the last show on a baseball diamond?

Back in July when Ft. Edwards hosted the East Field show.