From inside Phantom Regiment Headquarters

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander Nevsky.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

*whew!*

Sorry. That brought back some bad memories.

Verdi's requiem would be awesome. Phantom's never tackled Pictures yet either

One Word

ABBA

:rolleyes::doh::w00t::w00t::tongue::w00t:

Anyone for La Sacra de Printemps?

My gut reaction: bad idea... they did it twice before, almost winning with a brief excerpt from it in 1978. But the second time they spent more time with it, in 2000, it really didn't work, and they finished 7th.

But then... third time was the charm for Spartacus. It took two more designs to max it out and really find the heart of the drama.

Hmm...

When Phantom did The Rite Of Spring in 2000, it was a very abstract visual presentation of the orchestral music. What if... they focused the design on an interpretation of the story of the ballet this time? It's been described as a pagan ritual, fertility rites in which a young girl dances herself to death. Phantom would probably want to change the story, though... make it more politically correct.

Hey, I got it... they bring back Gene Kelly and blend Le Sacre with Singin' In The Rain: "Gotta Dance!!!", and Gene saves the young girl in the end and slays all the big bad tribal leaders with his killer tap steps.

No??

Edited by Peel Paint

Yes, but us armchair quarterbacks usually have opinions!

Regiment does such beautiful work with dark symphonies and most recently, star-crossed lovers. Because I haven't been as up on what composers, symphonies and stories that are out there, I rely upon the DCP pro's to throw out some ideas! Let's go people!

Dude, you pretty much just handed them Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet! That would sure work for me from Phantom. The dark classical WSS, so to speak!

Edited by BillH

"Well, so much for Spartacus - The Return. Now what do we do? I guess we could do Son of Spartacus, or Spartacus the Revenge!"

In the end, Alpine Symphony Richard Strauss http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_Symphony

Eine Alpensinfonie (An Alpine Symphony), Op. 64, is a large symphonic poem composed by Richard Strauss between 1911 and 1915. A typical performance entails upwards of forty-five minutes of continuous music. It depicts a full-day excursion on a mountain in the Bavarian Alps, recalling in vivid orchestral expression the composer's own experiences hiking at age fourteen.

Samson and Delilah-Ravel

Dies Irae-the best versions

Respighi

Verdi

and because i've heard it recently.....Symphony no 4, David Maslanka----Beautiful, Loud, Serious, Rejoicing, Good

and for fun...Robin Hood

Edited by Jeebus

You gotta' admit, there's a huge potential for multiple sacrifices.

My gut reaction: bad idea... they did it twice before, almost winning with a brief excerpt from it in 1978. But the second time they spent more time with it, in 2000, it really didn't work, and they finished 7th.

But then... third time was the charm for Spartacus. It took two more designs to max it out and really find the heart of the drama.

Hmm...

When Phantom did The Rite Of Spring in 2000, it was a very abstract visual presentation of the orchestral music. What if... they focused the design on an interpretation of the story of the ballet this time? It's been described as a pagan ritual, fertility rites in which a young girl dances herself to death. Phantom would probably want to change the story, though... make it more politically correct.

Hey, I got it... they bring back Gene Kelly and blend Le Sacre with Singin' In The Rain: "Gotta Dance!!!", and Gene saves the young girl in the end and slays all the big bad tribal leaders with his killer tap steps.

No??

I say they do a Star Wars show. I am not joking. Think of all the killings you could do. A member could dress in a black DM uniform and be Lord Vader (and he could die in the end) and the corps in white would be the clone/stormtroopers.

All joking aside the music is spectacular. The movies were designed to be a type of Space opera. The music itself is very audience accessible and was written by John Williams using a technique used by Wagner to score a theme for each character. He had nods to Stravinsky and Holst in the scoring. There is a lot to choose from but they could to the following to tell the story in chronological order:

Main Star Wars theme

Duel of the Fates

Binary Sun Theme (quite moving)

Cantina band (prec feature)

Imperial March

Rebel Fanfare (very prominent at the end of Episode IV)

They could even use the 20th Century Fox theme too.

Edited by supertbone