worst food ever

'05 was a good year. During our stay at an Oregon school, our first Director was in charge of cooking. He was quite a chef:

Side-wash Steak (aka half a hamburger bun with gravy over it. That was it)

Ramen Surprise (A spoon of Ramen noodles with a bag of frozen vegetables mixed in)

Sandwiches (with one slice of deli meat)

Our Visual Tech took us into the grove of nut trees behind the school, and the following conversation took place:

"So, how do you like the food?"

"Um, it's good..."

"Seriously..."

"No, we're starving!"

"Ok, though so. We'll fix that tonight."

We got to go to Wal-Mart that night. Everyone was over at McDonald's stuffing their faces. It was awesome.

Honorable mention goes to last year ('07). We were in California, when one of the parents got a good deal on corn from a local farmer. Turned out the corn was actually maize (aka hard corn meant for animal feed). The rest of the meal was fine.

That is awful.

I don't know if this tops it or not, but back in '93, some school in Mississippi hosted Brookville for Finals week. One of the local fish farmers donated dinner...we ended up getting deep fried catfish squares stuffed with cheese.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinty Moore Beef Stew... Its been (24) years sinced I aged out, and not once since then has anything close to Beef Stew crossed my lips. Followed by our corps famous Three- Bean-Salad

Ohhhhh.....thanks for the memory.......

My 1984 Blue Knights food program memories are the food bus being towed away from our housing in PA having died on the road for like the 15th time and then in Kentucky sneaking into the truckstop restaurant with four or five other members for a sitdown meal. It was sooooooo great to have a table and have the food brought to us by a real waitress.

So what's another 1984 BK alumnus doing in the Carolinas?

We ate Tater Tot Surprise all the time in 92 on tour, but I don't remember if it carried on into 93 and 94. I was told the "surprise" was there were no tater tots. :sad: I really liked it. On average, we had some reall good food in Freelancers, however I was a little suspicious at one of the Southern California shows in 94 when my friends came to see the show and ate at the food truck and our "meat loaf" had raisins in it, lots of them. That was a bit odd, but it was nice to at least have chocolate pudding... until you took a bite. It was crunchy! For some reason, cooking staff had placed of tons of walnuts into the chocolate pudding. I'm sorry but pudding shouldn't be crunchy!!

Not off a corps cookie, but at Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt I had something called "mock duck". It was some kind of chewy meat with some greenish stuffing inside. Why someone thought this could be passed off as anything resembling duck beats me, but they had to call it something, I guess....

One year in Conqueror II at May 24 weekend camp we had jello that was spoon and even fork-resistant.

Edited by kusankusho

Not off a corps cookie, but at Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt I had something called "mock duck". It was some kind of chewy meat with some greenish stuffing inside. Why someone thought this could be passed off as anything resembling duck beats me, but they had to call it something, I guess....

I guess they COULD have called it "Something Meatish and green". :innocent:

I guess they COULD have called it "Something Meatish and green". :innocent:

That would have been honest, but when have you know the services to be honest? :blink:

Wow. This thread is hilarious - I can't stop laughing over some of the food descriptions! :bigsmile: