## The 2009 Kilties ##

WWBD

December 6/7

2009 Full corps skill assessment/evaluation weekend.

January 3/4

Percussion camp to set 2009 line. (Battery and Front Ensemble only)

January 24/25

Full corps camp

February 21/22

Full corps camp

March 28/29

Full corps camp/Open House event with performance.

April 25/26

Full corps camp

May 9/10

Full corps camp

May 23/24

Full corps camp

May 25th

Parade/First full uniformed public performance of 2009

The above are The Kilties 2009 "off season" Winter/Spring camp dates for those interested in applying and would like to schedule accordingly.

To apply online visit The Kilties website located

HERE!

Evaluation materials, a short survey, times, locations and all detailed information on membership in The Kilties will be available upon complete application and as time unfolds nearer to the first camp on December 6th and 7th.

....more details on the actual 2009 production to follow.

"Wea Winnea Bea Daunted!"

Edited by WWBD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wea Winnea Bea Daunted!"

Your motto says everything, get it in 2009

Hopefully your performance will be better recognized next year! I was terribly dissapointed with the score you were given. IMHO you should have been a few notches higher. Sitting in the upper level I heard a collective groan when your score was announced. I think there was shock all around.

Hopefully your performance will be better recognized next year! I was terribly dissapointed with the score you were given. IMHO you should have been a few notches higher. Sitting in the upper level I heard a collective groan when your score was announced. I think there was shock all around.

Hey Gary!

I take back what I said (edit). It will just take a greater effort for us Midwestern corps - like MBI has had to do over the years.

Good to see you again.

Edited by dannyboy

Hey Gary!

I think the lesson to be learned from Renegades is to bust down the door with a 4th place or better show. So, that's what needs to be done.

Good to see you again.

Scott Stewart put it into perspective for the corps, and we came away with a great year, a year that was significant for many reasons and an enjoyment undiminished by a disappointing placement in prelims.

Having said that, I'm still trying to get my head around being one of if not the only corps in DCA whose two weeks of intensive cleaning led to a LOWER score in Rochester. MBI, who deserves all the congratulations in the world, went from being 6.5 points ahead of us in Mid August to 12 this past weekend prelims. Doesnt reflect a mistake in MBI's score IMO but in ours.

Anyway congratulations to the victors and finalists. Personally I couldnt be more proud of the 2008 Kilties. They will continue to hammer away on the door and hopefully they make the move into top 10 in the near future, preferably not having to wait 20 years like MBI.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I can mention one thing, performing the 2008 show that Scott put together was a total blast. Along with having the pleasure of performing and being instructed by some of the finest design and teaching staff I have ever encountered.

I thought the show told a story about a time in history, and I thought the fans "got it" all season and enjoyed the heck out of it; the multiple standing "O's" all season from show to show seemed to indicate that point. The fans paid for the tickets, they should be fully entertained to the best of every corps' ability

The "peel paint" volumn segments, the "jesterly" put a smile on the fans face tunes, a sweet ballad, the intensity of the percussion feature and the "push it home" closing celebration piece......well, it was a priviledge to perform.

What a fun season!!! The best drum corps season I have ever had.

I can't wait until 2009!!

Bill

I sincerely hope the Kilties will not be daunted! I wasn't at finals but was rather surprised at your score as well. The corps is beginning a new era in its history.

Don't shy away from it because you are on the road to greatness.

I sincerely hope the Kilties will not be daunted! I wasn't at finals but was rather surprised at your score as well. The corps is beginning a new era in its history.

Hey Ron,

From my perspective, The Kilties, as a whole from top to bottom, are fine and looking forward to preparing for the 2009 season.

It's a great organization full of members with hearts as big as watermelons and plaid all over.

A 10 to 11 minute performance outcome does not negate all the wonderful moments, laughs, friendships, etc. of the 2008 season.

December 6 and 7 cannot come soon enough!!!

Get the video or audio recordings when they are available and listen to the crowd -- the crowd LOVED us. This show was all about entertaining the crowd and being a blast to perform.

You should have seen the crowd go nuts way back in June at exhibition performances at band contests! Everyone enjoyed this show.

WWBD

Get the video or audio recordings when they are available and listen to the crowd -- the crowd LOVED us. This show was all about entertaining the crowd and being a blast to perform.

You should have seen the crowd go nuts way back in June at exhibition performances at band contests! Everyone enjoyed this show.

WWBD

That's great! I think the Kilties may be the next "stealth" corps. I strongly suspect that people will not see you coming in 2009. It sounds like you have things in place to be the next big surprise in DCA. Scott knows what he is doing.