92 SCV at the Bottle Dance. Still perhaps the loudest moment in DCI hi

I know this isn't technically part of the show but the 2nd place announcement this year was incredibly loud.

There is...ahem....certain video evidence....which can be found on F****ook. Guess you have to be friends in order to find it. I'm not talking about people who had cell phones in the stands. Those videos don't do it justice. I'm talking about certain corps members who had video cameras on the field at the time. It was basically complete silence.....and then cranking up the crowd noise at a Saturday football game instantly. I don't really remember hearing or watching videos of scores that were that loud.....but I could be wrong.

I wasn't born yet but I've seen 1980 Spirit and.....wow.

Edited by hrnguy500

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question re 80 Spirit...

Obviouslym emotion was one of the driving forces behind the loudness at the end of the show...they were trying to make Jim Ott hear them in Hevean....had Jim not died so tragically, WOULD it still have been quite so loud??

Nto a bad thing...the sheer emotion comes through even on the DVD.

"92 SCV at the Bottle Dance. Still perhaps the loudest moment in DCI history that I have experienced!"

This was mentioned in another thread and it got me thinking.... I'm not sure I agree with this one....

So....

What was the loudest moment in DCI history?

Should DCI monitor this and publish the result each year?

No 1970 national FL boston

"92 SCV at the Bottle Dance. Still perhaps the loudest moment in DCI history that I have experienced!"

This was mentioned in another thread and it got me thinking.... I'm not sure I agree with this one....

So....

What was the loudest moment in DCI history?

Should DCI monitor this and publish the result each year?

1982 was louder. The crowd response to the surprise bottle dance was deafening.

1982 was louder. The crowd response to the surprise bottle dance was deafening.

Agreed. However the crowd response for '92 VK was so great it blew out one of the mics.

Oh, you old guys aren't any fun. I said it, I stick by it (re-read my statement...loudest moment I have ever heard). Never saw Spirit 80 so I'll take your word for it.

Of course, a few more years and nobody will believe you guys, either for deefness or feebullness!! :thumbs-up:

And they WERE loud...and unlike certain other voluminous offerings, they SOUNDED good, too!

The loudest moment I have ever experienced was this one:

"With a score of 98.1......Blue Devils !!!!" :thumbs-up::worthy::worthy::worthy:

I'll hand that to you as the loudest crowd reaction for score announcement ever....or was it the part with the winning corps of 98.125?

Which was louder.?