Capital Regiment staff

FTNK

I don't know all the ins and outs, but I think the process starts, after all the various paperwork has been done, with DCI setting up a subcommittee to evaluate the corps in question. They go over books and all the other things involved in the management of the corps, and then report their findings and recommendations to the full board, which then votes to allow the corps to compete or not. That's my understanding in a nutshell.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhhh Tim Overturf for percussion. A very reasonable man and a great motivator from what I can recall.

I don't know all the ins and outs, but I think the process starts, after all the various paperwork has been done, with DCI setting up a subcommittee to evaluate the corps in question. They go over books and all the other things involved in the management of the corps, and then report their findings and recommendations to the full board, which then votes to allow the corps to compete or not. That's my understanding in a nutshell.

So how does one find out the status of these findings and evaluations by the subcommittee? Is this information made available to the general public? Is there a way to contact the subcommitee to provide letters or reccomendation or letters of concern from those who have worked with the group? I've seen many times that DCP is not the place to discuss these concerns but I'd love to know what the appropriate place might be to give information to the powers that can actually do something with this information.

OK, no haterz, plz. What were the reasons that Cap Reg went inactive? Not "to reorganize," but specifics if anyone is in the know. I'm curious to know b/c if the founder is still the Exec Director, Bingo has continued the last two years, and he is still with the corps, that just doesn't add up.

Another thought that comes to mind...CR left before gas prices went crazy...something else they haven't had to deal with.

My point is, shouldn't Cap Reg have different folks in charge, on the BOD, etc? Just doesn't sound right for a corps to be around for 8-9 years (on the field), go inactive, come back, and the heads in charge remain the same.

For the record, I have no beef with Cap Reg. I've only seen them perform once, at Rockford in 2006, I was impressed, I enjoyed the show, and they looked good, too. Percussion impressed me, if memory serves correctly. That coming from a dumb brass player. Just concerned about the situation.

Glad to see a staff announcement. :thumbup:

Can't say I know any of the names, but seeing a staff list is definitely good news.

There is a thread already for debating whether CR should be coming back: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...ment%27s+return

I request that this thread be limited (within reason) to the merits of the new staff. I mean, you can talk about the challenges that CR faces coming back, but I don't want it to get hijacked into a "Should CR be coming back?" thread and devolve into a nasty argument. Not calling anyone out, or saying that that is not a conversation worth having, just requesting.

Edited by FTNK

So how does one find out the status of these findings and evaluations by the subcommittee? Is this information made available to the general public? Is there a way to contact the subcommitee to provide letters or reccomendation or letters of concern from those who have worked with the group? I've seen many times that DCP is not the place to discuss these concerns but I'd love to know what the appropriate place might be to give information to the powers that can actually do something with this information.

No idea on any of that. I don't see why DCP would be inappropriate for such discussions, nor do I have trouble understanding why people have concerns.

I marched Carl's drill!

I got to know Carl Diefenbach when he and I were part of the group which attempted to bring an all-age corps to Cleveland/NE Ohio. He is passionate about the activity and, as anybody who marched with him or under him at various junior/all-age corps will tell you, completely dependable. If Carl's involved with Capital Regiment, that alone goes a long way towards bolstering my confidence in the organization's chances for success returning to the field.

I only met Jay Wardeska once, as Carl recruited him to arrange the brass book for North Coast Rock. I enjoyed playing what he wrote so I'm looking forward to hear what he puts in front of the '09 CR hornline. I do know his band program at Brunswick, which is literally one town north of me, is very solid.