• Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks that Crown's horn book is not one of the most difficult brass programs in the activity needs to seriously reconsider what they consider to be "difficult". Period, the end.

yes, it isn't hard...

sure its easy to play if you don't care how it sounds.

Anyone who thinks that Crown's horn book is not one of the most difficult brass programs in the activity needs to seriously reconsider what they consider to be "difficult". Period, the end.

quoted for truth. It was executed well, but not the hardest.

sure its easy to play if you don't care how it sounds.

ummmm ok? Anything is easy to play if you don't care how it sounds.

quoted for truth. It was executed well, but not the hardest.

ummmm ok? Anything is easy to play if you don't care how it sounds.

Yeah that didn't make as much sense as I thought it would. Its just that Candide is a hard piece to play and sound good at the same time. I've heard too many high school concert bands butcher it and yet the members think that "they were awesome" at at.

Yeah there were some easier parts in Crown's horn book but at least they played it really well. It would have been a shame if they hadn't.

Sure, Crown had a difficult book. Not many corps in World Class finals didn't. But what made Crown's book so much harder, especially in the ballad, was the movement and bodywork. Bodywork increases the difficulty of a horn book exponentially, in my experience. Especially when you pull off a book like Crown did from a musical standpoint. By far the most musical corps that I heard at finals, and definitely the loudest. And for the people making the "They only play block major chords" or "It's easy to be loud when you are close together and in the front," just stop replying to this thread. There was a simple question, and it has a simple answer. Which corps was loudest. Not why they were loudest, or where they were on the field when they were loud, or what chords they were playing. Please think before you type.

Sure, Crown had a difficult book. Not many corps in World Class finals didn't. But what made Crown's book so much harder, especially in the ballad, was the movement and bodywork. Bodywork increases the difficulty of a horn book exponentially, in my experience. Especially when you pull off a book like Crown did from a musical standpoint. By far the most musical corps that I heard at finals, and definitely the loudest. And for the people making the "They only play block major chords" or "It's easy to be loud when you are close together and in the front," just stop replying to this thread. There was a simple question, and it has a simple answer. Which corps was loudest. Not why they were loudest, or where they were on the field when they were loud, or what chords they were playing. Please think before you type.

Gospel :laugh: Like I said earlier in this thread. Some people are just constitutionally incapable of keepimg a thread, or anything for that matter, simple! K.I.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that didn't make as much sense as I thought it would. Its just that Candide is a hard piece to play and sound good at the same time. I've heard too many high school concert bands butcher it and yet the members think that "they were awesome" at at.

Yeah there were some easier parts in Crown's horn book but at least they played it really well. It would have been a shame if they hadn't.

I'm in college and I played it in college....