Greatest DCA Corps of All Time

ranks up with Bush at 92 prelims and 97 Empire

100 percent agree.

I needed "jaw adjustments" from those two shows, too!! :inlove:

'92 Bush at prelims remains my "gold standard" to this day.

Fran

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 percent agree.

I needed "jaw adjustments" from those two shows, too!! :inlove:

'92 Bush at prelims remains my "gold standard" to this day.

Fran

In all my years in D.C.A , that was the best single performance I was ever a part of. There are others that come close but from start to finish it felt like we were on the field for 30 seconds and completely drained of all emotion and energy afterwards.

1992 prelims was one I will never forget either. We were on a roll...seriously the best and most inspired show of the year. Then the flag ATE the corps...My brother Tom, me and Johnny Vee were the first ones through, but there were more to follow.

I saw the video of that performance not long ago...truly remarkable!!!

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Curious question about 87 Sun...was that the year they did Rhapsody in Blue? I once heard that on one of the radio broadcasts with the baritone solo, I thought it was amazing.

88 and 89 i believe

In all my years in D.C.A , that was the best single performance I was ever a part of. There are others that come close but from start to finish it felt like we were on the field for 30 seconds and completely drained of all emotion and energy afterwards.

i sat in the stands speechless. i don't want to sound jaded, but in my 39 years i've seen a lot of drum corps perform. but that performance is in my top 3 of all time in either circuit.

If this thread is about the greatest DCA corps standing the test of time (which I thought it was), then just as the DCA's have been over the last few years, this is a debate about second place. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Cabs are absolutely, undeniably number one...

No doubt...

We are just reminiscing.

Donny

not a single surprise

although I'm bothered by the method penalizing MBI for its years of perserverance... they are the only standout that came out too low in this methodology...

Cabs - greatest all aged corps of all time - duh... go figure! That was a can't miss...

Im with U my Rochfriend..CABs..all the way(RU listenin Kay Eltman???LOL)