September Depression

Bucbari

For me the most depressing day of the year was always the day after finals. You check out of your hotel room, throw the bags and your horn case in the car and drive home.

No show next week, no rehearsal, the weekly adrenalin rush is missing. No ripping out of work at 5PM and trying to get to rehearsal 3 hours away when you only have 2 hours to do it.

Most importantly not seeing the people, who are closer to you than even family, for 3 months.

This is not a doom and gloom post. We all go back to our lives as parents, teachers, accountants, IT geeks (that’s me) but something always seemed to be missing.

September is coming to a close and the summer is officially over. Was I the only person that felt this way? If I’m not, tell me how you handled the September Blues.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still see half the people that are in the core in the "off" season anyway. It would be so much harder if I wouldn't be able to see those guys all the time. They're mi familia.

I have a college friend of mine who is planning a weekend visit with me sometime later this fall. he has been out of touch with drum corps since...the mid 80s. he says he is looking forward to catching up and listening to my commentary. So a few nights each week I go through a different year of DCI to make a list of potential shows to show him...that seems to work for now...

Alumni Corps & Mini Corps

For me, it's looking forward to the MCA Championships in Albany NY tomorrow!!!