Bi-Annual Rules Congress for DCA

There needs to NOT be a gap. Otherwise you're saying DCA is for stereo type X, but not stereo type Y. Throw in race, religion, politics, sex, height, weight, and nothing good can ever come from that. And with current economic thrends everyone might find themselves in that gap sooner rather than later. I know if if if. But if the 35 rule didn't exist last year, there would have been at least one more corps in attendance. And probably with 30+ on their last show of the season rather than 20-. In my opinion.

There is no gap in DCA now,............mini corps is an I&E venue at DCA,...............DCA corps start at 35 members...........

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no gap in DCA now,............mini corps is an I&E venue at DCA,...............DCA corps start at 35 members...........

Ahhh...yes, there IS a gap...22-34 members, remember??? A corps in that range cannot compete anywhere.

He knows, he knows....... either scale down or up to fit the venue, don't force the venue to fit you. Take your top players. We've (T-birds) had to cut people many years including this year. Everybody is adult enough to understand, for the good of the corps. If they don't make it they're alternates. There are plenty of other events to perform in besides DCA championships. The system works pretty well for us. I know you'll have some witty reason why that can't work, but it does.

Edited by Mike_B

Ban Hopkins for life.

Link, please??

Sam,

I've PMed Chris Ferrara's e-mail addy. He's getting Small Drum Corps Associates going in the Illinois/Wisconsin region. Chris and I have traded e-mails re this as recently as yesterday.

Charlie Groh is interested in the same idea, right there in your backyard. Contact Charlie, too. Get something going!

SDCA

And when / if SDCA over shadows DCA. That benefits DCA how? 300 less corps to record? 7,000 less seats needed at the venue. Exageration perhaps, only time will tell.

Can't exactly have an Olympics / Championships if you only include countries with leaders elected by majority vote / ballot. Or we'll just weed out the poorer countries by holding the event on the moon. It's still a championships right?