Bi-Annual Rules Congress for DCA

DCA should jump over DCI and permit any instrumentation (inc WW and strings), vocals, electronic instruments and amplification.

:thumbup:

I will rate the above comment on 5 standards: Shock Value, Innovation, Grammar, Reality and Mojo

Box 5 for "Shock Value" Comment: A+

Box 3 for "Innovation" Comment: Done before, or at least suggested before, either by joke or otherwise

Box 4 for "Grammar" Comment: Should drop the parenthesis and spell out "including" and "woodwinds"

Cardboard Box for "Reality" Comment: Cardboard Box is a valid designation, it rests somewhere below 1.

Cardboard Shoebox containing a dead squirrel for "Mojo" Comment: Cardboard shoebox containing a dead squirrel is quite low. Lower than low.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in your opinion of course. in most members' and fans' that move would ruin drum corps and be a total loss for the activity and kill it completely. not really a smart move.

Yes, it is MHO, as the OP asked "...what rule changes would you suggest??? "

you can suggest it Mike. just expect to be laughed out of the room and the door slammed behind you.

that's all.

I say permanent ban!

i'd prefer it to be a "let the corps' themselves decide" way of handling it. like the G/Bb thing. it's worked out well that way IMO.

A $700 Billion dollar bail out to start up all the corps that ever folded.

now that's the kind of pork I want to see added to the bill

quick witted response

you can suggest it Mike. just expect to be laughed out of the room and the door slammed behind you.

that's all.

:sleeping:

Now, now :sleeping:

Actually, I think MikeD should go to the DCA Rules Congress to make his proposal, and we should give him an honest debate. DCA can give him his due, which would be more than DCI showed to Tim Kviz back in January.

Then, his proposal can get voted down 10-0.

this has been fun... but....

One interesting fact about the rules congress...

any rule change proposal must be submitted in November in the official format available to the corps directors involved and then is submitted in bulk to all voting corps directors so that they do not have to make "fast, on the spot decisions"... they can read, evaluate and check with their staff on every proposal prior to coming to Rochester.

The only way anything could be considered other than this method would be by a unanimous vote of the voting membership.

So MikeD (as much as I respect him) can cancel his flight reservation to Rochester...

:sleeping: