Phantom drill design...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of what "I'm sick of"...

I'm sick of people getting their panties in a bunch anytime someone makes the slightest criticism of Phanton 2008 (no matter how respectful and well reasoned the criticism is). If Phantom 2008 had been perfect, they would have earned a score of 100! But, since they didn't, there was obviously SOME room for improvement. I thought perc2100 and NR Ohiobando made some good points and there was no need for a few others to get so defensive and belligerent. But then again, belligerent is DCP’s middle name!!

Speaking of what "I'm sick of"...

I'm sick of people getting their panties in a bunch anytime someone makes the slightest criticism of Phanton 2008 (no matter how respectful and well reasoned the criticism is). If Phantom 2008 had been perfect, they would have earned a score of 100! But, since they didn't, there was obviously SOME room for improvement. I thought perc2100 and NR Ohiobando made some good points and there was no need for a few others to get so defensive and belligerent. But then again, belligerent is DCP’s middle name!!

Ummm, you DO know this is DCP and double-standards almost ALWAYS apply to this site, right? :smile:

Phantom's drill alone, was not that good. However, with the music, it was extremely effective... Drum corps today seems to base its' rankings on how effective the shows are... It isn't about how clean the drill is or how well the horn-line plays anymore...

If it had been like this about 10-12 years ago then the Madison Scouts would have two more championships under their belts based off of effect alone!

I give mad props to Phantom's show! I loved it! It was the most intense show I have seen in a while! Was their drill clean? No. Was their drill that good? No. Fortunately for them, it #### well worked with that show!

Edited by idlethreats

It's not like they designed it that way by accident. It was the perfect design for the show.

I have to agree. It is not something that can usually be said for Phantom, but this year I felt like the staging was there, the excitement and velocity were there, and the design had a nice flow to it.

OT political discussion has been removed from this thread. Please keep conversation on the topic at hand, and within community guidelines. Thanks guys.