Finals 2007

so what your saying is that they intended on being out of step? now thats a little absurd...

Failed attempt at humor after realizing you're wrong.

1) You already know the answer to your question. Why dont you just title your thread "i dont like the blue devils so im going to find a smart a## way to be condescending and disguise it as a question"?

2) You site one instance of phasing in the feet and describe them as having "A problem staying in step"? That makes no sense whatsoever. Neither does your implication that this one "tick" makes them undesearving of second place or thier score. In fact, you describe cavaliers as "near perfect" and crucify BD for one "tick". One tick IS "near perfect".

3) The "Zero defect" Mentallity you have is going to make you dissappointed just about everywhere. Being one of the best drum corps (or football teams, or chess players, or chef's) doesnt mean that mistakes are NEVER made. If you break down some video on ANY drum corps in history, you can find PLENTY of mistakes on each. A good example would be the cadets "Perfect" drumline in 1987. Watching the "Multi-Angle" version of that video alone there are 4 very obvious playing ticks, and several missed direction changes and examples of feet phasing. Doesnt mean they werent the best.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm just pointing out that their hornline at one point has members 1. marching on the opposite foot as everyone else, and 2. phasing pretty badly when they were 2nd over in visual performance.

Everyone realizes that this was an intentional visual element and you're still trying to defend your "offstep" accusation? come to terms already.

and for those who don't think I know what I'm talking about, guess what? I do.

How's the line go.. something like "If you know what you're talking about.. you won't have to tell anyone, they'll already know." :devil:

I really wish DCI would get rid of the politics and just give it to the KIDS marching in this activity straight.

BINGO. So stop trying to trump what those kids accomplished with "oh it was home crowd" or "I think I saw something on the DVD so clearly they didn't deserve it." -- i.e. YOUR politics. :glare:

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that the fact the championships were in cali had something to do with both BD, and SCV doing extremely well in finals...

Tell me sir, when was the last time BD or SCV finished particularly POORLY at finals? If by doing "extremely well" you meant that BD hasn't been out of the top 5 since 1974, well then I guess its not just the West coast advantage. Or if you meant that 2005 was SCVs worst finish EVER? and they still got 8th?!, well then you're still wrong. Which is it?? :thumbup:

Edited by 08Hawkeye

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do know a thing or two about marching, and the basic fact whether people want to admit it is that Blue Devils, however good of a show they had, were very dirty that night, and in my opinion, no they didn't deserve the title (between high percussion, and high brass, I thought they did not deserve those) however Im not starting a petition to change anything, I'm just pointing out that their hornline at one point has members 1. marching on the opposite foot as everyone else, and 2. phasing pretty badly when they were 2nd over in visual performance. I would ask anyone to look at the cadets video (if you haters can stand the fact that omg they actually converse in their show) and tell me one time they are marching on out of step from one another, or even phasing, or missing a step off completely... really cadets should have gotten blue devils in visual, because anyone who knows anything about marching can watch those shows and see that cadets not only had a higher demand, but a higher performance level... and for those who don't think I know what I'm talking about, guess what? I do. I really wish DCI would get rid of the politics and just give it to the KIDS marching in this activity straight. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that the fact the championships were in cali had something to do with both BD, and SCV doing extremely well in finals...

P.S. don't even think your going to tell me that I don't like BD, because I love that organization... Just don't think they deserve to be a high up as they are right now...

I think you forgot your tinfoil hat so I've provided one for you...

tinfoil-hat.jpg

Just thought that it might come in handy for you.

Edited by skajerk

ok, iplaydatuba, we get it.

you've got an agenda against the blue devils.

only the most succesful drum corps in existence.

the fact that you have to posture yourself as "knowing what your talking about" just reinforces the fact that you probably don't.

let it go already. bd won in 07. their out-of-step-ness in the closer is an intentional effect.

anyone who "knows what their talking about" should be able to see that.

Yah the out of step thing was deffinetly intentional, due to the fact that we had direction changes every three counts going into the block, thus every other line was on the opposite foot. Just how the math worked out.

As for not deserving the championship, you may think that is the case, but my ring says differently.

Happy halloween.

Edited by BDTPT

Yah the out of step thing was deffinetly intentional, due to the fact that we had direction changes every three counts going into the block, thus every other line was on the opposite foot. Just how the math worked out.

As for not deserving the championship, you may think that is the case, but my ring says differently.

Happy halloween.

Bd deserved to win. But not horns or drums. my opinion.

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT

he just did.

everyone deserves to win after all the hard work they put in all summer, but everyone can't win. Personally I thought the whole 2007 season was an epic fail... not to diminish BD's championship or any other drum corps... there have been plenty better seasons.

he just did.

everyone deserves to win after all the hard work they put in all summer, but everyone can't win. Personally I thought the whole 2007 season was an epic fail... not to diminish BD's championship or any other drum corps... there have been plenty better seasons.

I thought 2007 was the best year for drum corps since 03.

Guys, I think it's time that people stop getting so overly sensitive about every little point that someone brings up. I'm not going to say that BD didn't march a dirty show on finals, and I do think that the Cadets should have won, but that's not the point. All that the OP brought up was that he saw an inconsistency that turned out to be something else, that's it...

As for the missed mello step off, I do think that that was a bad error, and probably should not have equaled a 98, but whatever.

Happy halloween.

Nasty Much? congrats you have a piece of jewlry... guess what I'll give you a ring for best holloween greeting of the year, and it doesn't mean you deserve it.

Edited by iPlaydaTuba