Colts in Presidential Inauguration Parade?

On Facebook today, I came across a group called "Colts @ Obama's inauguration parade". Two of my facebook friends who are Colts alumni are a part of the group, as well as about 60 others. It says that the Colts have put in an application to perform in the parade, but some other things still need to happen, such as some important people in DC approving it, and enough money to make it happen. Does anyone inside the Colts organization know more? I think it would be awesome to see them there at such a historic inauguration!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose they could have submitted an application.

Applications were originally due last Thursday (11/13) but due to the overwhelming amount of applications coming in, they (Armed Forces Inaugural Committee) extended the deadline to yesterday (11/18).

Each unit had to submit a bio, two photos, a five minute video, and a five minute audio clip. Letters of Recommendation from senators, governors, elected officials, etc. also help.

This committee will evaluate all applicants and pass their recommendations on to the President's Inaugural Committee and they will make the final decisions - probably in early December. So if you are chose, you have about six weeks to get your ducks in a row, get you parade tune ready, raise the money to get their, and make the travel arrangements.

I suppose they could have submitted an application.

Applications were originally due last Thursday (11/13) but due to the overwhelming amount of applications coming in, they (Armed Forces Inaugural Committee) extended the deadline to yesterday (11/18).

Each unit had to submit a bio, two photos, a five minute video, and a five minute audio clip. Letters of Recommendation from senators, governors, elected officials, etc. also help.

This committee will evaluate all applicants and pass their recommendations on to the President's Inaugural Committee and they will make the final decisions - probably in early December. So if you are chose, you have about six weeks to get your ducks in a row, get you parade tune ready, raise the money to get their, and make the travel arrangements.

Wouldn't be the first time for drum corps. Troopers and Empire Statesmen are two of the most recent examples.

Other than the Troopers in 1993 and 2001 can anybody remember other corps who march in an inaugural parade?

Empire Statesmen, also in 2001. Wish I had the C-SPAN video since I had a close-up. :rolleyes:

Spartans have been regulars.

HH

Weren't they in the last parade in '05?

On Facebook today, I came across a group called "Colts @ Obama's inauguration parade". Two of my facebook friends who are Colts alumni are a part of the group, as well as about 60 others. It says that the Colts have put in an application to perform in the parade, but some other things still need to happen, such as some important people in DC approving it, and enough money to make it happen. Does anyone inside the Colts organization know more? I think it would be awesome to see them there at such a historic inauguration!

Boston Crusaders did JFK Inaug.

Weren't they in the last parade in '05?

That and I also want to say that they were at at least one more.

Other than the Troopers in 1993 and 2001 can anybody remember other corps who march in an inaugural parade?

The Presidents Drum and Bugle Corps of Greeneville, Tennessee has participated in two Presidential Inaugural parades.

Robert