Thoughts and Prayers Please - Cozy Baker Hospitalized

JohnD

I would recommend anyone who wants to send flowers to wait a bit until he gets into a regular room, I may be wrong, but, I don't think they will allow them in the CCU.

Thanks for the update Joe, best to you and your family in these very trying times. This is hard enough without having the long distance involved.

If I remember right from problems we've been thru no flowers in ICU or CCU. Also since Cozys problems involve his lungs he might not be allowed flowers or certain types of flowers after he gets to a regular room. Anything that might kick off an allegic reaction is a no-no, even if the patient has not shown a reaction to those types of flowers before. Had an elderly family member get a bad upper respiratory infection last year and long list of do's and don'ts.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cozy,

When you are well enough to read this, I want you to know that I think that you are one of the truly good people in our activity and I am proud to call you my friend. If prayers alone could make your recovery complete, you would be well already. Hang in there brother and remember... WWBD!!!

Cozy,

When you are well enough to read this, I want you to know that I think that you are one of the truly good people in our activity and I am proud to call you my friend. If prayers alone could make your recovery complete, you would be well already. Hang in there brother and remember... WWBD!!!

thoughts and prayers for my buddy Cozy...pb

Thought I would provide a little update. Cozy's kidneys have improved and his blood cultures are no longer showing signs of infection. Kidney Dr.'s are happy with his improvement. The antibiotic regimen will likely continue for a few more weeks to make sure it stays gone. The most acute problem now is his lungs. He will likely be leaving the CCU unit in a few days or so and the ventilator will likely be changed to a trachea vent. They are calling his lung condition ARDS - Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (Dr.'s love their acronyms). The damage to his lungs is such that his recovery will take a while. His spirits were down a bit yesterday, frustration most likely; which is common after having the vent & feeding tubes stuck down your throat for so long along with the catheter. The arm with his pic line is also tied down to boot. His respiration is fast and shallow. It hurts him to take deep breaths. You horn players out there will understand the difficulties he will have in recovery. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. His recovery is going to take a while. Thanks to everyone again for the positive thoughts, etc.

Cozy:

You're one of the activity's greatest ambassadors. Thoughts and prayers are heading your way Cozy! Get well soon.

BTW, you soprano players are tough customers!!!

Edited by Scooter Pirtle

Glad to hear the good news! I'm continuing to send healing vibes to Cozy. Hang in there buddy!

Thought I would provide a little update.

Thank you for the latest news.... definitely seems like better news than a couple of days ago.

Cozy, we're all praying for you!

Fran