• Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers
    • Capital Regiment (?)
    • Not Marching because I'm too old
    • Not marching for any other reason
  2. 2. Are you traveling far to the auditions? (i.e out of state)

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm doing it by video

I like how the two in the lead now are Crossmen and Spirit... maybe the little fun they had in the lot at semis might be helping this. Or it just means that there are a lot of crossmen and spirit fans on dcp. But I heard a rumor that for the drumline at crossmen they had a **** load of people come back, and more vets than spots available for the snare line (vets from 08 and 07, a lot of people jumped ship in the whole corps after 07)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will decide which is my first choice after visiting camps for each corps. But I can tell you right now that placement will have nothing to do with my choice.

:smile:

If only more people had that kind of view on things, not caring about a corps actual placement in recent years in determining where to go, but rather the whole experience, the people, the education, etc. Its sad when a large number of people go to the "lower" corps just to get experience before going to a perennial powerhouse. Its disappointing, and that's what causes the "lower" corps to stay struggling competitively.

If only more people had that kind of view on things, not caring about a corps actual placement in recent years in determining where to go, but rather the whole experience, the people, the education, etc. Its sad when a large number of people go to the "lower" corps just to get experience before going to a perennial powerhouse. Its disappointing, and that's what causes the "lower" corps to stay struggling competitively.

I agree completely

Auditioning for Spirit this weekend and going to callbacks for Boston in December.

I am flying from Buffalo to Atlanta for Spirit and from Buffalo to Tampa for Boston.

I will decide which is my first choice after visiting camps for each corps. But I can tell you right now that placement will have nothing to do with my choice.

:smile:

Have fun at Boston, I would say. Great program. I have a few friends I have marched with there. Hope you enjoy Dillon.

i think that the travel far is abit confusing, you should like over XXXmiles stl->madison

I'm marching for INT.