I was there when..........., Fill in the blank

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there when we wore clown suits -- :thumbdown: --ed

I was there when the Jesters wore their very sharp Blue and Black uniforms on retreat. Everyone was wondering who was that corps? The Jesters had found a unique way to entertain that the crowd loved.

I also remember when the Militaires came out with the striped coats and straw hats. The played a barbershop quartet music and ended tunes leaning on the person's shoulder next to them. It too was an interesting concept.

In those days, it took guts to be innovative. Drum corps tended to be kind of "cookie cutter" back then.

wonder if Doug Reynolds still has his straw hat?

the really shocking thing about the Militaires was going from "The Queen's own guard uni" with tall busbee's and all - and lots of gold braid... to red and white striped vaudeville jackets and straw hats... I seem to remember some soft shoe cains too...

It was a complete system shock the first time we all saw the vaudeville show

I was playing #4 when Bush's bass drum line (Scott, Sherri, Jorge and I) went tickless in the '83 finals. Still something of a new kid on the block at the time, the corps placed a modest 5th (tied with Hurcs, I think). But to me it was the first hint that maybe we were for real. My hunch was confirmed next season when we blew into third place, fielding a strong competitive corps and establishing ourselves among the big boys/girls of DCA. Hot fun in the summertime, Bush style!

Respect to our competitors, both in front of and behind us - those were the days!

peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

And I was there for all those 46 wins!

Go Brigs!

:thumbdown:

Me too.

When I get an hour or two, I'll write about being there when Geoff Jones took his famous slide in the showers at, I believe, Nazareth College in Rochester, and when we did our tribute to the life of Vince Bruni at DCA Finals. And a few others probably.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Edited by SkipMebden

Me too.

When I get an hour or two, I'll write about being there when Geoff Jones took his famous slide in the showers at, I believe, Nazareth College in Rochester, and when we did our tribute to the life of Vince Bruni at DCA Finals. And a few others probably.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Aww yes, the tribute to Vince Bruni.

And... I am very happy to say that I wasn't there for Geoff Jones' famous shower slide. haha

I was there when The Light Brigade played our Farewell Performance

in Plymouth, MA. Saturday Nov. 22, 2008

"RIP"

wonder if Doug Reynolds still has his straw hat?

Oh man I miss Doug!

I was on the field in 05 before/during/after Kilties 1st prelims performance and in the stands going ABSOLUTELY CRAZY for them during their second!

I was on the field in 05 before/during/after Kilties 1st prelims performance and in the stands going ABSOLUTELY CRAZY for them during their second!

That was a very emotional moment, for sure. A night I will never forget.

Fran

That was a very emotional moment, for sure. A night I will never forget.

Fran

Quite a first DCA Prelim day for me.