I was there when..........., Fill in the blank

Don't mean to contradict the previous post, but I was there for Chops Inc. first DCA performance. It was at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison in 1999.

i was there too

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there during all " the DCA fainting " years , where it was rare for a Corps to cross the finish line, have the gun go off, turn back to the stands to play the final chords and not have anywhere from one to nine or more marchers faint and fall to the ground.... including sometimes members of the friggin' Color Guard !!

The vets on here remember well those " fainting years ". We chalked it up to " heat, dyhydration and/ or physical and emotional exhaustion "

From advances in Science in the last 40 years however, we have learned these fainting episodes in some cases can be more correctly attributed to SAWS ( for........." Sudden Alcohol Withdrawal Seizures "........... haha!! )

Edited by BRASSO

Don't mean to contradict the previous post, but I was there for Chops Inc. first DCA performance. It was at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison in 1999.

Let me edit then... first Chops trip to DCA finals

I was there in 1973 for my first participation in D.C.A prelims with the Skyliners when after playing the streetbeat for what seemed like a really long time, it was noted that the hornline wasn't on the field. Shortly thereafter they arrived kinda getting dressed on the way. Seems that was a problem at the gate :smile: , I'll leave it at that. :smile:

It may not have been a First, Odd, or Funny.

BUT!!!

I know I was thrilled to see:

Minnesota Brass - Chops - Kilties - Heat Wave - Renegades - and CorpsVets, all start coming to DCA Championships.

Now so many coming from ALL OVER the USA and Canada, is taken for granted!!!!

Thank You ALL!!!

Edited by OldStyleCorps

I was there during the days of the "Round Robin" winter/spring indoor concerts. Caballeros, Skyliners, Sunrisers and Hurricanes each ran an indoor show.... and the four corps would attend each other's show.

It was a way to see how each corps was shaping up for the summer competitions.

Fran

Kilties made

Nationals

Once Again!

themadmjr.jpg

Kilties made

Nationals

Once Again!

themadmjr.jpg

that is one really cool pic. :thumbup:

I was there at the top of the bowl when 50 people who did not know each other spontaneously clasped hands and prayed for Lothar, his family and his corps. :thumbdown:

I want to thank everyone in this thread for remembering my dear friend Lothar. He would be proud to know that he is remembered in the drum corps community. We still think of him always. We remember his dedication and that he missed fewer gigs than anyone in our first 13 years as an all age corps. We remember the joy he took in teaching music and marching to the little Racine Junior Scout kids. We remember his laughter, even when he was supposed to be being quite. We remember his unmatched wit and infectious smile. We remember his world famous mostacolli and his Paloozas at Amelias. We remember him shirtless and shoeless with black jeans. We remember his dirty spats. We remember his musicianship and his ability to peal paint with a mellophone. We remember his keen interest in current events and politics. We remember his extensive knowledge of world history and diverse tastes in music. We remember his love for his beloved Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers. We remember him leading the Kiltie Khoir. We remember him running across a football field full speed because that is a sight that you just can’t forget.

The outpouring of support for our corps on that evening meant more to us all than you could possibly know. It made us realize how truly connected we are as a drum corps community.

WWBD!