Blue Devils Reaction to Finals

" 1 -- perfection is not possible; "

I was too lazy to take the time and quote the person that originally posted this.

But I'm sure many will agree with me and say,

No Duh.

But in Drum Corps, sadly you don't settle for being good. You settle for being perfect.

You know you can't attain it - but you do everything within your power to try to attain it.

how is that any different than what i wrote?

or did you just want to drop a "no duh" on me for sport?

" 1 -- perfection is not possible; "

I was too lazy to take the time and quote the person that originally posted this.

But I'm sure many will agree with me and say,

No Duh.

But in Drum Corps, sadly you don't settle for being good. You settle for being perfect.

You know you can't attain it - but you do everything within your power to try to attain it.

Just my 2 cents

Back to the original topic.

so you pretty much said the same thing as the other guy

edited for redundancy - doh....posted 30 seconds too late

Edited by salad315

FMM == Former Marching Member

I guess that makes me a FMM as well. Thanks!

Hi Dave ..long time no see

I am always amazed where these threads end up by the time they reach 26 pages. it is like that experiment where you tell one person a story and then ask them to pass it on. After about 10-15 people you have the last person recite the story, then re-read the original. It is amazing how the start and end are sooooo different. I bet by page 52 of this thread we could end up covering world peace and drum corps and whether or not anyone has eve witnessed a UFO during a Drum Corps show. Oh hey I think I am going to start a new thread.

Pg 52 would take months at this point, because depending on your settings, this is on Page 7 for me.

just want to set something straight, as long as you still have those members acting classless, it diminishes my entire view of the corps. Those classless acts were commited by members representing BD. I am happy to hear things are changing, and I know you guys worked you ##### off. Unfortunately classless acts outweigh positives at the end of the game. If I were a part of your corps, if I knew those people I would be very upset and would have gotten on them. Even if it was one person. One thing i love about rum corps is class. BD is always up there on that list, but what happened after this summer changed my opinion slightly.

I understand how heartbroken you were, believe me, I was competing in a lower corps and our hearts were broken, not on the same level, btu i still understand.

Another thing, by far, BD was still more classy than other corps that night.

But congrats on a lot of good hard work, and still a great season! Second is not so horrible. I know every corps would love to be in your position every year, and you guys do the work to deserve it.

Well If things that happened this summer changed your mind slightly .. Alot of people need to hang with the other corps..

I have heard seen alot of the same things talked about here with all the other corps. Cadets Cavies .. I have seen been with Cadets who part took in the wacky weed . Been there when I have heard members say stuff about other corps. soo if you want to point at one point at all because no Corps out there is goodie two shoes..

Thats all I am saying.

2009 needs to get here already so people can find something new to ##### about or compliment