WHY DCA is in Rochester, N.Y.

:smile:

THANKS GADGET... You 'da man!!

(Even if you're from Cleveland. :smile: )

Pat

Oh, it is so ON, Mr. Minnesota Nice! :thumbdown:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed with the politicos who came to the meeting last Saturday! Nice to see people who really understand the impact that 12 million dollars into their economy makes! That's not including what everyone spent there over the weekend.

We all enjoyed the nice hotel at a good rate and the unusual meeting venue. Thanks to the organizers of this weekend.

Rochester is a nice city and we wouldn't mind traveling there for Prelims and finals.

My only concern for any location for finals is that it be located near a major airport to minimize plane changes and higher airfares form non hub cities.

It makes a huge difference to our membership wheather to travel or not if the option is to pay either pay $400 for a weekend of competition at an easily accessible location, or to pay $700 or $800 to a smaller city/airport.

By the way,we paid R/T from Denver $245.00 per seat. I found that it was about $100.00 less than flying to Buffalo plus we would have had to rent a car for the weekend.

Oh, it is so ON, Mr. Minnesota Nice! :smile:

Nothing wrong with being from Ohio....oh, and marching with a corps from Rochester!! Go Cru!!! :thumbdown::smile:

Because DCA needs a certain atmosphere, Newark wasn't available and nobody wanted to drive to Cleveland.

Nothing wrong with being from Ohio....oh, and marching with a corps from Rochester!! Go Cru!!! :thumbdown::smile:

of course there is nothing wrong with being from ohio

and marching with a rochester corps!

i love our cincinnati cru! :smile:

cant wait to see you all again!

:rolleyes:

This may help those who want DCA to move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from DCA PR Director:

" DCA President Gil Silva had help from "Rochester Mayor" Bob Duffy and "Monroe County Executive" Maggie Brooks in opening the 2009/2010 DCA Rules Congress at the George Eastman House Museum. Rarely are politicians as drum corps savvy and cooperative as this “cross party” pair. Both spoke about their sincere appreciation for all DCA and drum corps in general have done for the Rochester area and promised their complete cooperation in making the 2009 championship another success story. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I say.

In other words. They want it, they got it, and are willing to do what it takes to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

Both the Rochester area and DCA do such a Great Job.

I thought it was because the beer is colder there...

Because DCA needs a certain atmosphere, Newark wasn't available and nobody wanted to drive to Cleveland.

C'mon, everybody wants to flee to the Cleve ($1 to Alec Baldwin and 30 Rock).

• 2 weeks later...
I like Rochester, but I also like variety. I hope DCA gets enough good bids to be able to move the championships around from place to place. I loved how DCI would do that and be in Madison, WI on a regular basis. Rochester's great for drum corps. But mixing it up is great too.

Actually, I worked a couple of the Patriots home games at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts, and overheard the director of concessions and special events director speaking about lacing a bid with a group called Oncore Performing Arts for DCA Championships to come to New England. this would be awesome for all the alumni sitting in the closets over here in the area like myself that has not marched since the Assumption Drum and Bugle Corps in New Bedford, Massachusetts. Gillette Stadium too would help market DCA to the next level and bring more people, and possibly more corps, into the activity. PLus there is all kinds of shops and entertainment venues here that would be perfect for I7E competition. There is one restaurant by CBS that you sit for dinner watching a telivised event on a wide deluxe screen. I can only see a sop player there in front of everyone while corps members reflect on the old days and old shows, and good times while having a couple of beers and/or mixed drinks.

will Gillette have the outrageous parking fees like they did for DCI?