2008 DCI DVD Reissue . . .

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks....if my parents haven't ordered it already I'm just going to get a friend to rip it and send me a copy. Its kind of dumb that they already have a bunch of copies in circulation and they decided to go change it anyway

I wonder if DCI knows that? I wonder if DCI only reissued the chagned DVDs now, as sort of a 'wink, wink' maneuver knowing that the show is already out there for the finding. I mean, if you're going to advertise the activity I can't think of even five shows that would work better. Maybe they look out for the fans more than we give them credit for... :thumbup:

FYI,

I got mine in the last week and have watched PR High Cam already. If there was a cut, it would have been pretty obvious while watching the High Cam angle.

So, DCI was still shipping the "unedited" or "uncut" DVDs up to a week or two ago.

I didn't just rip the Allentown performance from the Fan Network before it gets snipped.....

I don't recommend you not doing the same.

I also don't recommend people joining the Phantom Regiment group on Facebook and seeing the whole performance from Semi-Finals either.

;)

Say what, Rick? Pleased that the video record will testify to the achievement of the corps?

Well, maybe 89% of the achievement if you discount the missing 1:14. My recommendation for the future is you apologize for the error and its impact on the fans rather than try to fool us with PR - the other PR - doublespeak.

HH

don't start accusing them of knowing this was going to be a problem. one would think that once you get a composer's permission to use their work you'd not have problems later. this was the COMPOSER'S wishes.

don't start accusing them of knowing this was going to be a problem. one would think that once you get a composer's permission to use their work you'd not have problems later. this was the COMPOSER'S wishes.

Hey, I'm not complaining about the permissions fumble. I'm complaining about the language Valenzuela chose for his comment. Losing 11% of the performance isn't a testament to the 2008 record no matter who's to blame.

HH

Edited by glory

According to members that I've talked to that heard about this a little over a month ago, they said it was the beginning of the 2nd movement.

Which composer are we talking about?

Hey, I'm not complaining about the permissions fumble. I'm complaining about the language Valenzuela chose for his comment. Losing 11% of the performance isn't a testament to the 2008 record no matter who's to blame.

HH

gotcha.

however, isn't this just APPROPRIATE for phantom? i mean, they finally win and they can't have it on film? it's not irony. it's just part and parcel of Regiment luck.

i guess we could make up another line to the ol' song of "i march phantom because i like 4th place."

Which composer are we talking about?

if it's the 2nd movement then it's Tjeknavorian.

but i'd put my bet on 1 minute and odd seconds to be from the Dupere piece. think what the show would be like without music to the battle scene?

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, this is ONLY for the MUSIC not the video. so the videos will have the marching but no music during that segment. IIRC, however things could have changed.

HH

Summer. Marching. Bands. On. A. Football. Field.

Not the end of the world as we know it.