2008 DCI DVD Reissue . . .

once permission is granted, there should be a way to keep it granted.

after reading the dci article on licensing, there are several licenses that you have to apply for and get permission to do certain things. apparently the copyright owner (in this case i think it's the composer) did not grant a synchronization license from what i can gather. apparently he didn't care for the end result of the show.

someone correct me if i'm wrong. (like i have to ask!)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiments missing part isn't the only reason why the DVD's are not worth the price, maybe someone needs to start a topic discussing the price of the WOrld Class DVD's and the actual quality/content compared to past years.

all this backwards talk is confusing me... i'm not sure what actually is!!! lol

Summer. Marching. Bands. On. A. Football. Field.

Not the end of the world as we know it.

Extremely true kind sir.

I was thinking they should cost less because they don't offer the same features as DVDs of previous years, for example:

No more Guard cam and Drumline cam,

No more comentary by judges and staff members of the corps

I am not sure what the price was of the tapes before they started making DVDs, but I think the price of the DVDs should be lower because they don't offer the features above anymore. I was a little disappointed with the DVDs this year. Sometimes, those other camera angles give you a better view of what you want to see.

Maybe DCI is also feeling the crunch of the economy?

I wonder if DCI knows that? I wonder if DCI only reissued the chagned DVDs now, as sort of a 'wink, wink' maneuver knowing that the show is already out there for the finding. I mean, if you're going to advertise the activity I can't think of even five shows that would work better. Maybe they look out for the fans more than we give them credit for... :thumbup:

You know what, I'm usually one of the first to rip DCI....but that makes a lot of sense.

I will be informing DCI that they lost my business for the full WC packet. I was all set to order my DVD's this weekend. Not happening now. It was bad enough with the Troopers sync license problem. Having it happen to BOTH of my favorite shows in one year: unacceptable.

I was thinking they should cost less because they don't offer the same features as DVDs of previous years

Maybe, but this year's DVDs are in anamorphic widescreen. I'm happy to give up the fluff features for that. For those of us with big screen HDTVs, anamorphic widescreen is worth it's weight in gold.