2008 DCI DVD Reissue . . .

actually not really....with so much to discuss in that class (which is typically a junior level or higher class, not 101 which would be a freshman level course), there is only time to talk about the huge amount of legal issues, which has had many threads of discussion on this forum alone, for about one session.

Fine. Marching Band Techniques 1311 section 001.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long was their,phantoms', show on everyones dvd's?

how would you tell if you got the edited version?

and finally,

have these "new" dvd's been sent out already?

just curious cause i ordered mine on thanksgiving and got it maybe the next tuesday and im thinking i got the good version

According to members that I've talked to that heard about this a little over a month ago, they said it was the beginning of the 2nd movement.

i thought it was the "Battlefield" section.

this is what you get for dealing with composers and estates who are still alive. ########.

I didn't just rip the Allentown performance from the Fan Network before it gets snipped.....

I don't recommend you not doing the same.

As I understand it, the section deleted was not to the liking of the composer. Pretty sad. I too am glad I got the "first", and now rare, recording (DVD & CD, and I saved the encore performance posted on vimeo to my hard drive)

This sucks....if my parents haven't ordered it already I'm just going to get a friend to rip it and send me a copy. Its kind of dumb that they already have a bunch of copies in circulation and they decided to go change it anyway

“We’re still very proud of and pleased that the historical audio/video record of our performance will stand for years to come as a testament to the outstanding achievements of the 2008 corps.”

Say what, Rick? Pleased that the video record will testify to the achievement of the corps?

Well, maybe 89% of the achievement if you discount the missing 1:14. My recommendation for the future is you apologize for the error and its impact on the fans rather than try to fool us with PR - the other PR - doublespeak.

HH