2008 DCI DVD Reissue . . .

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=a...83-73ce8a7de8a6

The additional editing involves a one minute-14 second segment of the performance of the Phantom Regiment which was seamlessly removed in cooperation with the corps’ creative staff.

“While the initial steps of the licensing process were successful, we were disappointed to learn that a synchronization license ultimately wouldn't be granted for one piece of music in our 'Spartacus' program,” said Rick Valenzuela, executive director of the Phantom Regiment. “We’re still very proud of and pleased that the historical audio/video record of our performance will stand for years to come as a testament to the outstanding achievements of the 2008 corps.”

Well, I guess I'm glad I got an earlier version (waiting under the tree for Xmas), then. . . anyone know where the cut is exactly?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wo, wait, what? What part of the show?

I have no clue when my family ordered the DVDs for me....could have been months ago or could have been today. I get them a week from tomorrow. Hope it's the full version.

######... i wish id ordered already

Good thing I've got mine already. If I get a recall notice, I'm throwing it away. :thumbdown:

I wonder if Phantom's 2008 "On the Road" DVD is going to be affected as well...

How is that going to affect the PR "On the Road" video with the Allentown performance and the championship encore performance??

Crossing my fingers that my dad has already bought, received, wrapped and put it under the tree.

Anyone know what part of the show was cut? 1 minute and 14 seconds.....thats a lot of a drum corps show. And while they say it was seamlessly removed...well, that is just hard to believe honestly.

Good thing I've got mine already. If I get a recall notice, I'm throwing it away. :thumbdown:

i was wondering this as well. it brings to mind that there needs to be a solid deadline and written contracts, both on the part of the corps (plural or DCI as the collective corps) AND those granting the rights, that they can't come back and take it away or decline the rights after the fact as with Troop as well. i know for a fact that they do sign contracts granting rights, but i wonder if there is language in it to protect the corps from this kinda of junk as well?