Tiny, but interesting things you've seen.

1981 Whitewater video from the legacy collection, Caviliers, Sing, Sing, Sing. Watch the snares very closely. May need to pause the DVR to read it, it's quick. Enjoy then discuss. All I will say is it was, um, NI[E.

The 2008 Cavalier Alumni Corps played Sing Sing Sing (or Sing cubed). With 16 snares we spelled a variant of that phrase so that everyone could participate. I'm not sure that moment was captured on video. Anyone? Beuller? Anyone? :smile:

Edited by Cavie74

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

albert lo will give you a great tape... great guy, don't always agree with his placement... i love listening to his tapes though...

anyway, i'm being a hypocrite... i didn't feel like rereading the whole thread... but did anyone mention phantom '93.. missed release at the end of the wheat dance? such a great moment and all you hear is an awful trumpet soprano hang over... heard the semis recording, and it was beautiful....not so much finals night. i probably would have killed myself right on the field...

He was given plenty of hell (ribbing) for it later on.

fixed: we still called them sopranos back then :smile:

Bloecoats 2006, a contra's elastic band-thingy malfunctions and doesn't wind all the way back up. You can see him trying to manage it throughout the rest of the show, even draping it over his shoulder at one point.

Bloecoats 2006, a contra's elastic band-thingy malfunctions and doesn't wind all the way back up. You can see him trying to manage it throughout the rest of the show, even draping it over his shoulder at one point.

haha i wonder who that was... i bet he must have felt like an idiot!

*hides* :smile:

Wow - I gotta watch that tonight - can you only see it on hi-cam or multi focus? I can't believe someone would spin the wrong way at DCI - OUCH :smile:

Later,

Mike

its totally on high cam.

another colorguard oops...cavies 05 on high cam. end of the opener flag feature...not only were there several ticks, but there is one guy who literally throws

his flag half a yardline in front of him, instead of slamming it behind him.

i love finding little guard oopsies on the dvd.

I also saw the cavie hopping to get into step this year, understandable considering they switched in and out of double time a lot.

His first valve slide came out during the visual a moment before, which distracted him during the following horns up and facing change, conveniently right as the camera caught his feet hopping back into it.

Watch the mutli-cam into the second movement, you can see him finally get it back in with his left hand, right as the mellophones form their arc. It's around the 4:10 mark.

He was given plenty of hell (ribbing) for it later on.

fixed: we still called them sopranos back then :thumbdown:

Sorry for the technicality...

Don't be sorry--I was just messin with ya.

oh i know... we're all cool, sorry if that came across wrong, lol, i was going to put a " :thumbdown: " but i got distracted, lol...