Who has something to prove in 2009?

No one has anything "to prove" IMHO - and I think that anyone on here commenting and saying things that corps have to prove up on are egotistical.

Each corps puts out an entertaining program for the audiences and their staff works 100% to ensure the members have the best educational opportunity possible.

That was my first thought in reading this thread..you stated it well! :cool:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Irrelevant? How? They competed for a DCI title until the end of the season in 2007. They're four years removed from their last championship. One down year does not make them irrelevant.

true. but after 06, many fans wrote them off. it's like sports......you fall, everyone pounces on the bones and carcass.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see Crown do their OWN corps show this year, instead of rehashing a bunch of other corps' classics.

I don't know... but that "rehash" sure seemed to be getting its share of standing ovations... kids wanting to join the corps... and t-shirts flying out of their trailer.

This is what happens when you speak and don't know what you are talking about.

The Cadets have the experience to know what to do to win and design shows that can compete. To say that Cadets would become irrelevant is like saying the U.S. will become a third world country. Cadets have had many off-years but have figured out time and time again how to get themselves back to the top. I am sure the coming year or years after will be no different. Trust me, I know. I have experienced it for myself.

As far as who would have something to prove, I think everyone does. Last year certainly was no gimme for Phantom or any other corps for that matter.

i agree yet....

take 05. awesome even if i hated the talking. then they gave us 06.

07...you cant deny the talent, but this show was polarizing and has more critics than fans. so what do they do...give us 08.

so i see a recent trend...killer show, followed by taking the gimmick in the killer show and beating it into the ground.

I see that with BD also looking at 07 into 08. talent again helped save the day.

Nah. . . that was a very good band show.

Explain how it was a band show when all of the music they played has been done numerous times by drum and bugle corps dating back to the 1950s.