Spartans bankruptcy / discussion

If any federal agency is getting involved, they will look at everything, including DCP and the chatter here. So adding "hear say" will get you involved, if you want to or not. That's been my gripe about this thread, you can hide behind the "we need the truth" line, but when you throw out remarks like that, you only prove to others that you have other motives.

Plus if you "think" you know something, step up and contact the right people and put your name out there showing you really cared.

So you think that an internet message board is big on the list of criteria for a federal investigation, because even the feds know that everything on here HAS to be true right? (EDIT: I have no idea what is and what is not true, nobody does, except for people directly involved with the situation in question.) I mean, people are entitled to their opinions so let him hearsay all he wants to. If you have such a gripe with this board, don't post on it.

Edited by wickedpissah

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any federal agency is getting involved, they will look at everything, including DCP and the chatter here. So adding "hear say" will get you involved, if you want to or not. That's been my gripe about this thread, you can hide behind the "we need the truth" line, but when you throw out remarks like that, you only prove to others that you have other motives.

Plus if you "think" you know something, step up and contact the right people and put your name out there showing you really cared.

ummm...my name...is known. what I know is the following...

1. what I know from people associated with both the orgs. in question 10 years ago.

2. from my brief association with DCI II/III in 1998.

3. contras that apprently were burned up in a fire in NH went through some sort of time warp worm hole and showed up several states away.

4. One of these corps directors went to jail already. One may soon find himself facing the same fate.

5. Spartans moving Peter aside...gives them the BEST opportunity to move the org forward.

6. Supporters of P. LaFlamme...move along...time to move along. Get on with this change or move along. Because the corps will be stronger and in better shape by this subtraction.

"Attorneys for the dissident faction would also like to see an investigation by the Executive Office for U.S. Trustees, an arm of the Department of Justice assigned to represent the public interests in bankruptcy court by monitoring the process and investigating potential fraud"

Shoot, missed seeing "would like to see" and thought there would be monitoring. IMO, oversight is needed so the corps management can start regaining the public trust. Having PL out of the picture would be a big step in regaining the trust as his being there is a hot issue to some people and not just on DCP (been following the Telgraph comments).

Good luck to the corps but in this time of economic distress let's hope they go very carefully.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

How does one "restart" a National-caliber program?

Sounds like eveything will have to be dissolved to satisfy creditors. ???

If that's the case, the group is at square one, with no equipment, or any other resourses to start with.

Edited by brassomaniac

So you think that an internet message board is big on the list of criteria for a federal investigation, because even the feds know that everything on here HAS to be true right? (EDIT: I have no idea what is and what is not true, nobody does, except for people directly involved with the situation in question.) I mean, people are entitled to their opinions so let him hearsay all he wants to. If you have such a gripe with this board, don't post on it.

No, what I'm saying is, is if you have information, stop posting tidbits on DCP. If you have SOLID information, then step up and do something.

As for DCP contributing to someone getting in trouble, you better believe it. Once an investigation starts by any agency, all lines of communications are scruntinized and items like cpu's, PDA's, cel phones and such are all looked at. So, yes, at some point, the thread may be reviewed and items posted here can and will be looked at.

Just you some common sense before you start posting "hear say" or "rumors"

No, what I'm saying is, is if you have information, stop posting tidbits on DCP. If you have SOLID information, then step up and do something.

As for DCP contributing to someone getting in trouble, you better believe it. Once an investigation starts by any agency, all lines of communications are scruntinized and items like cpu's, PDA's, cel phones and such are all looked at. So, yes, at some point, the thread may be reviewed and items posted here can and will be looked at.

Just you some common sense before you start posting "hear say" or "rumors"

Hearsay is perfectly sound discussion for a forum of this type. Seldom to corps administrators and members come on here to post. We might as well not have a forum if we cannot have hearsay and rumor.

By the way, you seem overly concerned regarding the information I have about the contras. Know anything more than what you are telling?

And yes, the location of the two trailers and the subsequent fire was...let's say...interesting...to say the least.

Hearsay is perfectly sound discussion for a forum of this type. Seldom to corps administrators and members come on here to post. We might as well not have a forum if we cannot have hearsay and rumor.

By the way, you seem overly concerned regarding the information I have about the contras. Know anything more than what you are telling?

And yes, the location of the two trailers and the subsequent fire was...let's say...interesting...to say the least.

Here in fact is why I have no respect for what you are doing. Up until this morning I had no knowledge of any equipment being lost in a fire and possibly being sold to someone until I read it here. So again, you take something you don't have any solid proof of and make an assumption that I may have some secret information. You seem to have all the answers and information, so stop the finger pointing and consipracy theories and get involved and let the proper authorities know about this damaging information you have. If it's all true, then you will be the hero that put the bad guys in jail. Anytime anyone commits a fradulent act that causes financial damages, they should be punished.

Here in fact is why I have no respect for what you are doing. Up until this morning I had no knowledge of any equipment being lost in a fire and possibly being sold to someone until I read it here. So again, you take something you don't have any solid proof of and make an assumption that I may have some secret information. You seem to have all the answers and information, so stop the finger pointing and consipracy theories and get involved and let the proper authorities know about this damaging information you have. If it's all true, then you will be the hero that put the bad guys in jail. Anytime anyone commits a fradulent act that causes financial damages, they should be punished.

I remember my sons band instructor and his WGI drumline instructor both saying something to the effect

that if you join DCP take everything with a grain of salt. Use it for information but never take ANYTHING serious. The WGI instructor, a very well respected person in WGI and Marching Bands areas basically said

DCP is full of gossips, story tellers and rumor spreaders.

I dont know why but to me it would seem that as a grown man with a child, that we should do everything to help, support and encourage the kids in these corps. Spreading rumors and "secret" knowledge of wrongdoings does nothing to help the Spartans. Nor does it help to improve the image of dcp.

Note to self: Remember what R.B. told me.. grain of salt...grain of salt ...

Boy you read into things...

I simply asked a question. Do you know anything more on this subject than what you are saying? It's a legitimate question. Stop being all blah blah blah and just answer the question..."No. I don't have any information." That would simply end it.

I agree with you regarding the fraud part. This is especially true when working within organizations who, by their very nature, attempt to teach values and ethics to young people.