Spartans bankruptcy / discussion

For now, the organization has been shut down completely ... said the Spartan's lawyer, Eleanor Dahar of Manchester.
If LaFlamme enrolls any members this year, Deasy said any money the organization takes from individuals must be put into escrow and kept separate from any other accounts.
sooooo...basically they are done for this year, and good luck but it seems to be a long struggle to come back in the future. and since they wouldn't be allowed to touch that money, they wouldn't be able to put up any annual DCI fees or pay fees for a home show

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another sad day in drum corps history

Sadly it is not the BoD who suffer, it is the kids who benefited from marching.

I have no idea of what went on there, and all the "he said/she said" should probably be taken with a large grain of salt. Somewhere in there is the truth, but ultimately it is one more Drum Corp gone, continuing a long and steady decline in the activity. That is a loss for all of us.

Sadly it is not the BoD who suffer, it is the kids who benefited from marching.

I have no idea of what went on there, and all the "he said/she said" should probably be taken with a large grain of salt. Somewhere in there is the truth, but ultimately it is one more Drum Corp gone, continuing a long and steady decline in the activity. That is a loss for all of us.

I still have not heard anything official from the corps. Their web site is up and running, with practices scheduled. There staff still seems to be in place. Is this not all still hear say till the Corps makes an official announcment? I hope they chose to do that very soon, for the benifit of the students that are there marching. I heard with Tom Aungst now on staff, their membership was up, any one have any info on that?

I still have not heard anything official from the corps. Their web site is up and running, with practices scheduled. There staff still seems to be in place. Is this not all still hear say till the Corps makes an official announcment? I hope they chose to do that very soon, for the benifit of the students that are there marching. I heard with Tom Aungst now on staff, their membership was up, any one have any info on that?

Just looked at website myself and trying to figure out when it was last updated. Looks the same as it did a few days ago. Even the page to buy stuff still exists. Possibly updating got lost in the rush or if someone was hired to keep it current it's not possible to make changes with assets in a flux.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

legally the information that is taken from public documents and court records is not hearsay...the facts given about what paperwork has been filed, and debt information.

the "whose fault is it" argument can still be considered hearsay until a judge were to make a desicion one way or another.

===keep in mind, i'm not a lawyer, but i watch Law & Order===

How could they "enroll members" if they're "shut down completely"? Evidently, the Spartans are not "completely" shut down....

Evidently, the Spartans are not being " completely " honest with its members. This is sad. These members deserve to know the truth and that way they have enough time to go to other corps if they should choose to do so. :glare:

In examining several Open Class corps 990 Tax Returns, it looks like the top Open Class corps report "performance fee" income of $20,000 to $40,000 per season. Some corps may include their home show revenue in that amount and, of course, parade income (which averages around $10,000 per season) is also included.

what do world class corps show?

what do world class corps show?

last contest i saw was 1983, started reminiscing DC 2006, sent cheques to alumni & open class

You seem to know everything and wise to all

where can I assist? let me know

less obscurity, more clarity

i cannot comprehend

your statement?

please advise