Fan Network survey from Acheson . . .

I got it and replied. My main feedback was to have ALL corps, including open-class, have all of their videos available for access or purchase. I'd love to see some non-finalist shows again from corps like Pioneer, Mandarins, etc.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received the survey, answered the questions. Loved the service, especially the live broadcasts. Did answer that the individual corps entries were not that important to me. Thought the price I paid was fair, and suggested it remain the same price for this summer.

Would definately subscribe again this summer. Thanked DCI for giving the fans the opportunity to view so much drum corps...live, delayed and historic.

I took the survey, and found there were many questions that were either "yes" or "no", but somehow had to find a way to grade it on the 7 point disagree-neutral-agree scale...so they may see some results that are overly positive, overly negative, or just plain useless.

There was an entire page of rather pointed questions on the price of fan network subscriptions and DVD purchases. It seems like DCI is trying to figure out if the the fan network is hurting DVD sales.

Seemed like a pretty standard survey for something like this. I did feel like a lot of the "yes or no" questions should have been 1-7 scale questions, and vice versa, but it still worked out ok. I hope it helps improvements.

As far as suggestions, I said I want to see camera options on the library.

I stream my stuff wirelessly to a big-screen htpc/HDtv and didn't have a single complaint with any of it. If I can get some better resolution video-wise, I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for it.

I've got a dedicated HTPC next to my 55" DLP connected via DVI at a native resolution of 1280x720, so higher resolution video is the one portion of the survey I emphasized the most. I'm not expecting HD-quality anytime soon (though it would be nice!), but I am hoping that DCI gradually increases the quality. I don't think it would be too much to ask to get at least some 640x480 downloads. I'm not sure what res the VPDs are now, actually; I'll have to check that in a bit here.

-more live events

-possible increased price for increased sound/video quality

-quicker turnaround in posting events

-tech support issues and timeliness in resolution of said issues.

Hopefully, these are signs of things to come . . .anyone else get this?

i didnt subscribe, but from what i gathered here on dcp, didnt they usually have the shows up within 48hours of the actual show?

i wont subscribe, because i plan on marching like others, but maybe my parents would. would they(dci fannetwork) have tiers of it(fannetwork)? like one in hd for people who have hdtv's and one in just standard def for those who dont? then charge a difference in price.

I thought the Fan Network was really good this past year and definitely worth the money. BUT, this year is NOT the year to be raising prices. Everybody I know is either getting laid off or really tight money-wise right now. Better to maintain the service and costs they have for another year or until the economy recovers.

I hope to renew this spring, but will have to wait and see what happens to my industry.

I thought the Fan Network was really good this past year and definitely worth the money. BUT, this year is NOT the year to be raising prices. Everybody I know is either getting laid off or really tight money-wise right now. Better to maintain the service and costs they have for another year or until the economy recovers.

I hope to renew this spring, but will have to wait and see what happens to my industry.

I don't think they'll be raising prices. If anything, they may be thinking about different levels of pricing - perhaps some kind of bundles or ala carte products.