Other non-talent related criteria for being cut....

How does one prepare a lawyer?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add my 2 cents.

A few points)

1) Getting cut b/c of weight, too heavy or too thin, is totally legit. Sorry. Even if it was NOT a weight issue, are you willing to put in the effort to get yourself in shape and dazzle them next year? how bad do you want it?

2) Judging from the posts of the OP of the original "fat" thread.... I don't know you... but I don't like your attitude already. You've defended your own abilities vehemently and all you've called out on yourself was slipping on a flag. ContraJedi hit it on the head for me with the American Idol analogy, with the auditionees who cannot FATHOM why they wouldn't get called to hollywood, CLEARLY they were the bees knees and at least deserved a callback. You've done a great job of calling out the fact that other people's inferiorities earned them a callback. You remind me of one of the girls on the bachelor where they are all smiles until they get halfway through handing out the roses and suddenly their smiles disappear and they look hideous, expressions just SCREAMING "o..m..g... he gave HER a rose..? this is total bs, i'm over it." -----tangent, when you dont have cable, the primetime shows are pretty good to watch, f off. (besides, cmon, some of those girls look fab.. yum) .. ----- back to it: Do some self-introspection... for real. You said you did at least pretty ok in all categories. Granted its november, but do you think pretty ok is good enough? I know at rosemont they'll put the rookies between vet drummers, and so help you god, i dare you to tick. A mantra of mine, which pulls particular weight (no pun intended...) at the exclusive top 8 corps, was Don't GIVE them a REASON to cut you. Zero. This is part of personal accountability. How bad do you want it?

3) Are you going to hold a grudge against this corps?? My roommate auditioned at the same corps 5 years in a row: cut, cut, cut, cut, his 5th try? contract. How bad do you want it?

4) I take my lawyers over-easy, with franks red and a touch of garnish.

Depends...if the lawyer is Italian, with some oregano, basil and garlic, sauteed in olive oil. An Asian attorney I would use peanut oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.

:thumbup:

Ethnic humor. Prepare your lawyer!

I'll add my 2 cents.

A few points)

1) Getting cut b/c of weight, too heavy or too thin, is totally legit. Sorry. Even if it was NOT a weight issue, are you willing to put in the effort to get yourself in shape and dazzle them next year? how bad do you want it?

2) Judging from the posts of the OP of the original "fat" thread.... I don't know you... but I don't like your attitude already. You've defended your own abilities vehemently and all you've called out on yourself was slipping on a flag. ContraJedi hit it on the head for me with the American Idol analogy, with the auditionees who cannot FATHOM why they wouldn't get called to hollywood, CLEARLY they were the bees knees and at least deserved a callback. You've done a great job of calling out the fact that other people's inferiorities earned them a callback. You remind me of one of the girls on the bachelor where they are all smiles until they get halfway through handing out the roses and suddenly their smiles disappear and they look hideous, expressions just SCREAMING "o..m..g... he gave HER a rose..? this is total bs, i'm over it." -----tangent, when you dont have cable, the primetime shows are pretty good to watch, f off. (besides, cmon, some of those girls look fab.. yum) .. ----- back to it: Do some self-introspection... for real. You said you did at least pretty ok in all categories. Granted its november, but do you think pretty ok is good enough? I know at rosemont they'll put the rookies between vet drummers, and so help you god, i dare you to tick. A mantra of mine, which pulls particular weight (no pun intended...) at the exclusive top 8 corps, was Don't GIVE them a REASON to cut you. Zero. This is part of personal accountability. How bad do you want it?

3) Are you going to hold a grudge against this corps?? My roommate auditioned at the same corps 5 years in a row: cut, cut, cut, cut, his 5th try? contract. How bad do you want it?

4) I take my lawyers over-easy, with franks red and a touch of garnish.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who says bees knees. Way to keep the phrase alive, man. I also like hoi paloi (sp?)

How does one prepare a lawyer?

It's easy. Call lawyer and say, "Dear Lawyer, Some guy on DCP didn't like what I posted, and I'm being sued."

The lawyer will respond, "Sign here. And here. And here. Empty wallet. Empty bank account. Hand over stocks. Hand over house. Hand over IRA. Hand over 2008 DCI DVD with Phantom Regiment uncut. I'll take care of it for you."

I've always said that in Drum Corps attitude is 90% of everything, because in the end that's what it all comes down to. You can't develop your own talent without it. You won't get in shape without it. You won't show up on time without it. You won't be respectful without it, and the instructors can't help and mentor you without it. A lack thereof is the fastest way to get cut that I can think of.

What if someone has asthma? Or severe allergies? What if they have high blood pressure? What if a person has a birth defect that had them born without (ie) all fingers?

Those would all be very difficult things to overcome and march with. It would be reasonable to assume that the afflicted person would be under prescribed medications or have to overcome some major obstacles, and would have to be completely checked out prior to marching.

And yet, these are things that effected people I marched with over the years I was in...