Fustration and anger in Allentown

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say he was locking himself away, I said he was showing contempt.

That video statement was quite contemptuous.

It was also hilarious

The only problem i had with those videos - i thought the whole thing was a little desperate...like begging for understanding.

As far as disrespecting dcp....right. I have a great deal of contempt for this place myself. We constantly make fun of ourselves around here, regarding the repetitive topics, the obnoxious offseason bickering, and more important, the pure venom that some people spew towards the cadets, hopkins, and to be fair, other corps. I obviously enjoy hanging around anyway, but the fact is, i have nothing better to do. If i didnt, you wouldnt see me around here...especially not in january.

I don't understand what it is that George Hopkins has done to "ruin drum corps" or whatever people are saying...

Just so people know, there are many pockets of drum corps participants all over the country in all different corps who consider much of what takes place on DCP to be somewhat of a joke. If people think that it's only George and the Cadets who look at this place with a cautious eye in terms of its real value, they'd be wrong.

I've met very few active members that didn't think DCP was a joke

as a MM myself, we love getting on someone's iPhone, and seeing what people have to say about us. it is usually quite humorous. DCP is just an online forum for people to talk drum corps, it's not to meant to be a valid source of information, although it can be used as such sometimes. It is mainly a place where people can express their opinions.

And I love it, it's a lot of fun. And I am George Hopkins friend on facebook.. cause he can be a cool dude at times... he actually does mean well in the end people.

Anyway, DCP is funny, but not a complete joke

It was also hilarious

The only problem i had with those videos - i thought the whole thing was a little desperate...like begging for understanding.

As far as disrespecting dcp....right. I have a great deal of contempt for this place myself. We constantly make fun of ourselves around here, regarding the repetitive topics, the obnoxious offseason bickering, and more important, the pure venom that some people spew towards the cadets, hopkins, and to be fair, other corps. I obviously enjoy hanging around anyway, but the fact is, i have nothing better to do. If i didnt, you wouldnt see me around here...especially not in january.

Where does one find these videos?

ps, this is a non-issue. People just want to start crap because it's January and they have nothing else to do.