Do we need a new "Bridgemen" or "Velvet Knights" t

Do We need a new "FUN" corps in DCI?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Do We need a new "FUN" corps in DCI?

• YES
    • NO

---------------------------------------

There is - - ?????? LOL!!!! Just maybe, just maybe, the reason why there are some DCI corps out there bringing back entertainment, comedy/elan, whatever you want to call it - - is because some old timers are recreating that foundation again - - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Just saying.

HOLY CRAP I AM PLAYING SPANISH DREAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo - Hoo

Blondie

and "To The Last Whale" aint no chopped liver, either! :thumbup:

And for the record...there was plenty of military bearing in the Bridgemen, at least there was when I marched (77-80).

The "schtick" was pretty minimal, and we had some great drum, brass, and GE scores!

You don't place in the DCI top six for six straight seasons, (76-81) unless you can play well, execute at a high level, and deliver your show to the audience.

And, yes, I think the kids today are doing some amazing things, but it would be a lot of fun to see a new twist on the approach taken by the bananas, and VK!

Hmmmm, pure butter...

I like that, bro! :worthy:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

low brass rules..

i got wise,, and worked my way down,,,

from lead sop in juniors,, to.. Bari...

Ouch! Welcome to the 2000's! LOL Drum corps stopped being "military" 30+ years ago.

i thought his post was sarcasm... unless yours is sarcasm... or i'm just completely wrong in everything I say

lol

anyway.. i'd love to have funny corps again... all for the cheesy make you chuckle stuff... seriously after some shows you just want to kill yourself because they are so serious, or all about serious emotion... let lose... have a clown run around the field... i'd love it.. i'd call it cheesy as hell, but i would love it... especially if the show was still performed well, like top 6 well.

This might as well be as good a time as any to say it...

For the life of me, I've never understood the position which claims that antics such as a shark eating a singing fat lady or Pee Wee Herman riding a bike across the field are considered "necessary" or at the least are dearly missed, while also claiming that recent rule changes (yes, such as amplification and electronics, but also even the switch to Bb horns) are bastardizing the activity. If the sanctity of drum corps has indeed been lost, then the first shots were fired over a generation ago, before I was even born.

For the record, I'm a big fan of both. I'd love to see another class clown that still performed at a World Class Finals level, just as I love the possibilities present by amplification and electronics. I just have a hard time understanding the double standard.

WhosAwesome.jpg

.......And for the record...there was plenty of military bearing in the Bridgemen, at least there was when I marched (77-80).

The "schtick" was pretty minimal, and we had some great drum, brass, and GE scores!

You don't place in the DCI top six for six straight seasons, (76-81) unless you can play well, execute at a high level, and deliver your show to the audience.......

This is very true. When the Bridgemen first came out in 76' wearing their floppy hats with pink ribbons and long yellow coats everyone thought that they were a bunch of clowns....until they started kicking some butts. Suddenly people started taking them seriously. At least I know that I did. :thumbup:

What we need more, is MORE great local corps that don't cost a fortune to march.....oh nevermind. What's the use, too many corps already played the Impossible Dream.

If the sanctity of drum corps has indeed been lost, then the first shots were fired over a generation ago, before I was even born.

Sanctity? Drum Corps? :thumbup::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::poke: :poke: :worthy:

we HAVE the velvet knights

and "To The Last Whale" aint no chopped liver, either! :thumbup:

Hmmmm, pure butter...

I like that, bro! :thumbup:

Pure...Butter.

Yes, but The Drum Corps Gods only let you play soprano and have denied you the ability to play that contra part, which is pure butter. Pure...Butter.

----------------------

Which goes to show you that the Gods have assigned to me my designated position............ remember I am not denied anything, I have a CBA right in my own home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my squeaky little thing do just fine.........

Blondie.

DOUBLE HYPE TO SPANISH DREAMS>>>>>>>>>>>>