Things that save your life!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swedish Fish kept me alive. Fantastic way to keep my blood sugar up, and have a little mischief on the bus :laughing:

bringing a second pillow and a third towel on tour saved my life when I was in corps...

Money and two of everything. You almost always forget to pack something that you're going to need over the two plus month tour. Or leave your shampoo in the shower room. Or run out of your personal TP. Having a spare holds you over until the next truck stop.

1/2 gallon jug is for girl corps that only do 3 hour blocks. Many had 1 gallon or even 2 gallon jugs for our 6 hour blocks. And sometimes those weren't enough. At a minimum the larger jug made for a better chair.

2nd shower towel. Doubles mainly as a bus pillow, or blanket. But sometimes you need a second towel. And when rehearsing in Arizona in 120F, you can soak that baby and wrap it around your neck. And you don't need water breaks for water, but rather to resoak your towel that dried to the bone in 15 minutes.

Long sleeve shirt, long pants (the ultra thin formal kind). I hardly ever packed/used sunscreen because I had these to cover me up when enough was enough.

Hat and Aloe Kote. 25SPF trumps 15SPF(DCT).

Extra TP AND Immodium AD. For when you reach your tour goal to gain weight on tour and don't have a second wardrobe.

Commando, baby powder is messy and gold bond didn't exist, back in the day.