Grammys

I just caught a group on the grammy's and they had a drumline and a hornline with them in the background. Does anyone know who it might have been?

Was is a college or corps or high school band?

I don't even know where to look!

Can anyone help?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a Radiohead fan so I of course loved it. The Jonas Bros. doing Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", on the other hand brought "suck" to whole 'notha level!

at least they didn't bastardize sir duke

And I was reminded that USC Trojans also did Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" in the 80's.

Good to see the band out there - sort of competing with the media darlings, RCC.

Love 'em both!

Mav

at least they didn't bastardize sir duke

True. But them doing anything by Stevie Wonder is just... well... I don't have words to describe it.

very cool use of the drumline....more for groove than for ram

I've always heard that USC kind of has the "monopoly" on doing performances with celebrities and rock bands since they tend to do most of their television and recording performances in and around the L.A. area. Obviously, going out on tour like Gwen Stefani did or Fleetwood Mac and taking a "drum line" along requires hired musicians.

But I guess most of the cool "L.A. TV gigs" go to USC...

it was great... jonny is quite the composer. i wouldn't doubt that he wrote all the drum parts and the horn parts. he was the composer-in-residence for the BBC orchestra for a couple of years.

fyi -- i bought one of the t-shirts the USC kids were wearing during the song at one of the four radiohead shows i went to this summer. they are made out of recycled soda bottles.