The Reading Buccaneers

Reading Buccaneers  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What makes them consistently superior?

• Better Design Staff
    • Better Instructional Staff
    • More Talented Membership
    • Better Work Ethic
    • Combination of the above
    • Other

Whose arguing? YOUR the one who's just "throwing it out there"....perhaps YOU should leave.

Nevermind

Edited by Spaml6

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why there isnt any active Cabs, Hurricanes, or Bushwackers on here. They have all won DCA titles.

Donny

I wonder why there isnt any active Cabs, Hurricanes, or Bushwackers on here. They have all won DCA titles.

Donny

IMO because they attempt to keep themselves away from the on-line arguing which serves no purpose in the long run. see what Jami said about why active Bucs haven't responded as well. i think the same applies to the corps you listed too Donny.

They probably have better things to do than getting caught up in useless arguments!

I'm just having a slow week at work!

Yeah, Im on school break...so I really have nothing better to do. When school comes I'll probably never be on this until June :rolleyes:

You know, there really is a SPECIAL bond between people who have had the opportunity to participate in DCA. Two people (from ANY corps) can meet for the first time in an airport and that meeting immediately becomes a type of family encounter. For me, that's been the beauty of DCA.

Yes, I marched as a Buccaneer many years ago, but that's irrelevant to what I am trying to describe. The beauty of the activity I describe transcends any corps name.

While I appreciate the passion of our competitive activity, we ALL need to be careful not to upset the bond we share through internal attacks and innuendos.

Can't we all just enjoy our pastime, our ENTIRE pastime?

"I wonder why there isn't any active Cabs, Hurricanes, or Bushwackers on here. They have all won DCA titles."

I believe some, if not all of these corps, advise their members to avoid (perhaps even forbid) DCP postings that can cause any type of controversy or feelings of ill-will and/or unsportsmanlike attitudes. Frankly, I think that's a good thing, and as it should be. It serves no purpose to make comments that can be perceived as sniping or derogatory.

I totally agree with Fred Windish in the previous posting where he said: "While I appreciate the passion of our competitive activity, we ALL need to be careful not to upset the bond we share through internal attacks and innuendos."

These forums should be for friendly exchange of opinions and a fun place to communicate. We don't need to alienate those people with whom we have far more in common than the rest of the general population. I have the utmost respect for anyone who competes in DCA (or on any other level, including DCI) and dedicates their time and talent to performing and competing. All rivalries should be focused on the field of competition.

Just my two cents' worth -- Sorry for the OT.

"I wonder why there isn't any active Cabs, Hurricanes, or Bushwackers on here. They have all won DCA titles."

I believe some, if not all of these corps, advise their members to avoid (perhaps even forbid) DCP postings that can cause any type of controversy or feelings of ill-will and/or unsportsmanlike attitudes. Frankly, I think that's a good thing, and as it should be. It serves no purpose to make comments that can be perceived as sniping or derogatory.

I totally agree with Fred Windish in the previous posting where he said: "While I appreciate the passion of our competitive activity, we ALL need to be careful not to upset the bond we share through internal attacks and innuendos."

These forums should be for friendly exchange of opinions and a fun place to communicate. We don't need to alienate those people with whom we have far more in common than the rest of the general population. I have the utmost respect for anyone who competes in DCA (or on any other level, including DCI) and dedicates their time and talent to performing and competing. All rivalries should be focused on the field of competition.

Just my two cents' worth -- Sorry for the OT.

What John said. And what Fred said.

Fran

What John said. And what Fred said.

Fran

Empire doesn't have rules against posting because Allen Buell likes having an Army of defenders everytime someone complains about the grass thickness at their practice facility.

is it the same place we were at in 2001? I barely remember grass there that summer