Drum Line on the Oscars?

do the lakers have a drum line? most nba teams do and some nfl... that would explain the older players

whatever it was great exposure...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:begin slight bit of sarcasm:

IMHO, the Oscars is the biggest piece of self-regurgitated show business crap ever produced. Why do we really care what any of these over-paid, self-indulgent, holier-than-thou celebrities are "wearing" when Joe American and his neighbor are losing their jobs and trying to figure out how to buy clothes for their kids, much less for an awards show? Yeah its all in fun, but all I could think about while my wife was watching to the four hour long pre-pre-preshow for the red carpet pre-show was how sickened I was that these people were showing off their bling in the face of the worst recession to hit this country since the 1930's. There was ZERO sensitivity to anyone going through rough times. "Look at me, I'm a super star with millions of dollars and you love me!" All that while the guy at home checks his wallet one last time, trying to decide how to make Top Ramen stretch one more week. Sickening.

And while I'm at it, I have to ask, is an Academy Award REALLY an award? Not really. Seeing as though the general public does not get to choose the nominees or vote for the winners, the "Oscar" is really nothing more than a yearly Hollywood popularity contest with a not-so-rare excuse for industry wing-dingers to overspend on booze and Broads and put it on their expense report. This so everyone in the biz can one-up each other in the tabloids the next day.

Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm wearing Target Pajamas and Haines boxers. Really? Not interested? I didn't think so.

(I'm not bitter or anything... lol!)

:sarcasm off:

Edited by Newseditor44

IMHO, the Oscars is the biggest piece of self-regurgitated show business crap ever produced. Why do we really care what any of these over-paid, self-indulgent, holier-than-thou celebrities are "wearing" when Joe American and his neighbor are losing their jobs and trying to figure out how to buy clothes for their kids, much less for an awards show? Yeah its all in fun, but all I could think about while my wife was watching to the four hour long pre-pre-preshow for the red carpet pre-show was how sickened I was that these people were showing off their bling in the face of the worst recession to hit this country since the 1930's. There was ZERO sensitivity to anyone going through rough times. "Look at me, I'm a super star with millions of dollars and you love me!" All that while the guy at home checks his wallet one last time, trying to decide how to make Top Ramen stretch one more week. Sickening.

And while I'm at it, I have to ask, is an Academy Award REALLY an award? Not really. Seeing as though the general public does not get to choose the nominees or vote for the winners, the "Oscar" is really nothing more than a yearly Hollywood popularity contest with a not-so-rare excuse for industry wing-dingers to overspend on booze and Broads and put it on their expense report. This so everyone in the biz can one-up each other in the tabloids the next day.

Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm wearing Target Pajamas and Haines boxers. Really? Not interested? I didn't think so.

(I'm not bitter or anything... lol!)

Yeah! #### them for being succesful! How dare they celebrate an accomplishemnt! We should sue! Or we should have the government come in and regulate Hollywood!

you do realize that those dresses and jewels are all loaned to the stars and that very few of them actually spend any money on their Oscar wardrobes.

Does anyone have a link to a clip??

I was snoring by then.............so I'm told

JM

I agree!!! The over-indulgence of the Oscars is almost as bad as these "marching bands" driving around the country all summer spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, using up precious natural resources (fuel), adding expenses to local governments (using school showers running up the water bill), and killing the grass on every public school field....

...and they have the the NERVE to crown their own champion without letting the people decide! Geez :thumbup:

Back to the original topic, from the looks of the clip they had about 10-12 snares across the top of the stairs...but down to the sides, it looked like they had 2 sets of bass drum lines on either side of the stairs and full tenor lines (about 6 each) in front of them. That's a huge drumline no matter who it was.

you do realize that those dresses and jewels are all loaned to the stars and that very few of them actually spend any money on their Oscar wardrobes.

Plus a lot of the dresses are then turned around and auctioned off with the proceeds going to charity.

(snip)

I think EVERYONE should win. I mean, if you're in the top 3-5 to be nominated, then obviously it's just a popularity contest at that level and everyone knows it. Let's just hand out shiny statues to everyone in the movie biz and make everyone feel like a winner.

/sarcasm off too :thumbup:

Confirmed by USA Today's back stage 'blog' that it was USC: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/moviea...backstage_N.htm

From the article: "About 50 members of the USC Marching Band packed the back hallway, slowly stepping forward into the wings of the stage, each of them dressed in top hat and tails. And ahead of them in similar costumes were about 40 more dancers. All were readying for a song-and-dance medley of past movie musical numbers led by Jackman and Beyoncé Knowles, which was choreographed by Baz Luhrmann (the Moulin Rouge filmmaker who directed Jackman in Australia). The extravaganza also featured High School Musical's Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, and Dominic Cooper and Amanda Seyfried from Mamma Mia!

The showstopper almost got one more famous face. Martin slipped in with the band and jokingly joined their procession. "Where's my drum?!" he cried. But one of the band members called his bluff by offering him one. Martin scooted out of line really fast."