Wildwood Motel Still On The List

Once again, TripAdvisor.com rates the Eden Roc Motel in Wildwood, NJ, as one of the worst places to stay in the world.

I like this review...

If you have a choice between the Bates Motel and the Eden Roc, choose the Bates. At least Norman was pleasant and gave you a nice sandwich with a glass of milk before you realized what a terrible mistake you've made. Mother.

:angry:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this review...

If you have a choice between the Bates Motel and the Eden Roc, choose the Bates. At least Norman was pleasant and gave you a nice sandwich with a glass of milk before you realized what a terrible mistake you've made. Mother.

:angry:

LOL, years ago we thought of going to the Finger Lakes and checked out a place that AAA recommended. Being new to the Internet we googled and came up with a review that had:

"... bare wires hanging from the ceiling do not count as decorations....." :tongue:

We ended up going South that year.....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

i've never been to the Eden Roc but can attest to the horrificness of the EconoLodge in Scranton.

Heh.... a few years ago Barbara and I made a last-minute decision to head up to Scranton on Friday night for the Saturday American Legion show... so we booked a room at that Econo-Lodge for that one night, before moving over to the Hampton Inn on Saturday...that night was on DCA's dime.

Heck, the last time we stayed at that Econo-Lodge (1995 for DCA's) the place was still decent..... the rooms were, for the most part, clean. And before this Friday trip, we had been seeing ads for the Econo-Lodge chain that were touting the chain's new "clean rooms" policy, etc., etc.

So we figured... it won't be too bad at all... and the price was pretty low.

Then we found out why the price was so low... LOL...... the bathroom was an absolute mess, and the main part of the room wasn't much better. The hallways were dingy and poorly lit. The hotel's night manager was really creepy.

So....I made a strategic decision to head for the hotel bar and knock down as many Yuengling Lagers as possible before closing time. I figured the more I drank, the less I would care about how bad our room was. LOL

To top it all off, the clientele at the bar looked like something out of a Federico Fellini movie....very bizarre. But for the most part, the "drink until I fall off the barstool" strategy worked. :smile:

Fran

Yeah, I meet Fran and Jim after the parade (last performance with Sacred Heart), get back to the room and scrawled on the paper bath mat "See the manager". Something about letting someone use the bathroom that wasn't a guest!

Luckily there was a vacany right across the street.

The absolute worst was, the Red Carpet Inn in wilkes barre.

Sun is in a horn arc on fri night DCA weekend, about twenty/thirty yards away towards the street a pickup pulls into the lot.

The truck then leaves, leaving a 300 pound women urinating in front of the horn arc.

Now onto the rooms....

The hotel's night manager was really creepy.

. . . .

To top it all off, the clientele at the bar looked like something out of a Federico Fellini movie....very bizarre.

creepy and bizarre are not good enough words to describe it.

Speaking of the worst. Ask any judge would did DCA Championships in Allentown, during the 80ies.

Just mention the Trailor Hotel.

I actually had judges who drove miles outside of Allentown and paid for their own room whether than stay there.

Edited by Rap48

Speaking of the worst. Ask any judge would did DCA Championships in Allentown, during the 80ies.

Just mention the Trailor Hotel.

I actually had judges who drove miles outside of Allentown and paid for their own room whether than stay there.

I hear ya, Dick! That place was.....uhhhhh...interesting, to say the least. However, the last couple of years the show was in Allentown, I stayed in the suite at the Trailor, along with Charlie Bradford...... it was MUCH better than the regular rooms.

Honestly, THE worst place I've ever stayed for DCA weekend was the Coach and Four motel in 1988 near the Harrisburg airport. Charlie Bradford referred to it as the "Coach and Whore"......LOL

The accommodations for the judges and staff for DCA weekend have gotten much, much, better in recent years.

Fran

Yeah, I meet Fran and Jim after the parade (last performance with Sacred Heart), get back to the room and scrawled on the paper bath mat "See the manager". Something about letting someone use the bathroom that wasn't a guest!

Luckily there was a vacany right across the street.

Yeah... the highlight of our eviction was watching Jim, who is one of the most laid-back guys you will ever meet, go into the manager's office at the Eden Roc and absolutely unload on her. I heard combinations of curse words from Jim that I never knew existed.....LOL

Fran

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah... the highlight of our eviction was watching Jim, who is one of the most laid-back guys you will ever meet, go into the manager's office at the Eden Roc and absolutely unload on her. I heard combinations of curse words from Jim that I never knew existed.....LOL

Fran

Hey Fran, I got one for you. The Sand Pebble aka Sand Flea. Across the street from The Beach Colony.......had to take a room there one night before I could get into the BC. Worst one I'd ever been in, they had professional bugs!