Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask...

how can corps switch to a new uniform design every other year? does it cost them a lot to do this?

same thing with instruments

whats the estimated costs of running a world class corps and open class corps over the summer?

I'd really like to know the answer to your first question. With Madison, I can only guess that it's just a reflection of the tumultuous times the corps was going through, and that they're still paying for it, but I really have no idea.

Horns are a different story. There's a huge market for Bb/F marching instruments, so many corps sell the horns to marching bands or whoever else will buy them, and then buy a new set of horns. They're not making money on the deal, though—they're essentially paying a small fee each year to have top-quality horns in the hands of their members. My guess would be that the tubas stick around for much longer, though. Outside of DCI, DCA, and a select few high school groups, there's no market for them, unfortunately. /edit - and the euphoniums, too. I can't imagine Phantom's able to pawn off 24 euphs at a time.

No specifics, but I think many World Class groups have yearly budgets of over $1,000,000.

Edited by Robot Rock

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone of the schoolgirls in the 2005 Cadets secretly want to be one of the other girls? I'd want to be the girl in the Machine part, personally; she seemed to have the most fun.

How'd they pull that off, anyway? Were all three girls in that box the whole time? Did each of them have to spend half the show in there?

Ask Danielle. She was the main school girl in 05 and 06. Or I'm sure her sis Deidra in Lubbock would know....

Ask Danielle. She was the main school girl in 05 and 06. Or I'm sure her sis Deidra in Lubbock would know....

Danielle was the main girl - for kill bill, dancer, and she was the one at the end. Beth was the girl in Liquid and Machine. Towards the end of machine, the last two girls snuck behind the door to change for mirrors, spawning the joke that the best drill spot to have during that section was....well, its pretty obvious.

have there ever been any female staff members at cavaliers?

I think that Rosie Miller-Queen was on their guard staff in the late 1990's.

If you watch the 1995 PBS broadcast, there's a guard vignette with Bruno talking with Cesario. In the background, you can hear a female giving instructions to, and counting off, the sabre line: that may be her.

I actually think there is currently a female member of the brass staff. I know that the Scouts' cymbal tech is a woman.

there is in fact a female brass staffer.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

there is in fact a female brass staffer.

must be nice getting to shower alone