I Hope DCI Is Looking Into This...

3-D!!!

Peek around the bend on the technology highway and you'll catch a glimpse of the future -- in 3-D if you're wearing polarizing glasses.

Now that high definition (HD) television has gone mainstream for sports viewing, it's OK to wonder "What's next?'' Sure, HD is great, but the nature of technology is that many people are working hard to make things even better, such as HD in 3-D.

Ask some of the 15,000 who watched last month's NBA's All-Star Saturday in 3-D at 85 theaters around the country. Viewers were jumping out of their seats to cheer diminutive Nate Robinson's dunks in New York, Toronto, and Los Angeles, according to the NBA's Steve Hellmuth, the NBA's executive vice president of operations and technology.

Read the rest of the article at CNNSI.com

Why is 3D back as the newest thing in the world? Everything lately seems to be in 3D. There was a superbowl commercial or some NBC show, and that valentine movie recently. Like, I remember being in the 90's and having stupid looking 3d glasses on while I was at the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" ride in Disney World. I just don't really get why the resurgence of 3D is like super awesome now, when it was already around, and only mildly entertaining.

Aren't the forms fuzzy and blurry enough as it is? :tounge2:

Ugh that would be awful.

Eh, 3D seems unnecessary since anything remotely like 3D doesn't even happen in a real show. Now if DCI went to BlueRay......

No!!!! If they broadcast in 3-D then drum corps wouldn't be drum corps anymore!!

</sarcasm>

If you watch the 1974 legacy DVD's with the 3D glasses on...

DCI can't even afford to add the drum and color guard angles to the DVD's so 3D would be impossible.

Edited by boxingfred

I took the kids to watch Coraline in 3d.... and I have to say it was simply amazing. Much better than anything I have ever seen which includes several things at Disney

Having said that though.... I see no point in bringing this to DCI..... Blue Ray....yea we need that would love to have finals in HD