Holy Name 09 and Voice

Well IMO the art of drum corps comes from how something is spoken through movement and music, not spoken by...speech? The Cadets program last year felt like they were reading a book to us with some background music coming from the corps. I was a fan of how they integrated the voice with the show in '07 but I didn't see any of that in '08. No integration, just a couch interview with some music and drill going on around it.

Same. I was really bothered that they talked OVER the music instead of "this I believe" *impact* or "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" *godfather goodness* etc...some examples where you could hear the narration and music separately.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice to actually wait for the season to start before we start all these redundant narration arguments.

Silly Tek. This is DCP.

It's because the season HASN'T started yet that these redundant narration arguments are popping up. Once things get underway, I'm positive it will get quiet in here again.

/sarcasm

Silly Tek. This is DCP.

It's because the season HASN'T started yet that these redundant narration arguments are popping up. Once things get underway, I'm positive it will get quiet in here again.

/sarcasm

Lol....

Yes, God forbid we actually have conversations about stuff here.

Up With People lives!

I agree but the narration discussions do go on way to long and quite frankly are boring now. As "Cadet2000" stated, lets wait until the season starts.

My feeling is being the 75th Anniversary of the Cadets, they are going to honor their past (and Alumni) with a more traditional show.

Edited by HolyNameFan

I agree but the narration discussions do go on way to long and quite frankly are boring now. As "Cadet2000" stated, lets wait until the season starts.

My feeling is being the 75th Anniversary of the Cadets, they are going to honor their past (and Alumni) with a more traditional show.

Well the topic was about the Cadets and voice...so I don't see what wrong with the discussion.

But still I agree, I think Lenny will be an awesome show regardless.

Have Cadets changed their show title to West Side Story, or are they sticking with the 'Lenny' idea with a huge emphasis on WSS?

I'm really looking forward to this show. I loved seeing their 1994 show live all summer, and I LOVE their 84 show. I look forward to whatever they do this year to celebrate their anniversary

Well the topic was about the Cadets and voice...so I don't see what wrong with the discussion.

But still I agree, I think Lenny will be an awesome show regardless.

I know the topic is Cadets and voice, I just find it to be a tired topic.

I know the topic is Cadets and voice, I just find it to be a tired topic.

Welcome to DCP, HNF. If you find it to be a tired topic, you might not like it here. :tongue: Does seem odd though, for you to participate in and perpetuate a discussion you find so boring. But yes, here's hoping there won't be much voiceover to be discussed this year. We'll need all that extra bandwidth for all the synth discussions.