The Countdown

AMC Century City 15 - Los Angeles, CA

This will be a good - new season appetizer!

Great place to go!

Worlds greatest food court...... looks like......."Sci Fi" meets "Beverly Hills"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those of you going will get a chance to hear the 2009 Madison Scouts opener

Heard it sounded great last weekend...

too bad we will hear a Jan or Feb recording..

BUT I do want to hear it!!

What other corps are giving a preview?

Very good DCI. I loved that Will Pitts (Emperor of Phantom Regiment) and Evan Van Doren (Drum Major for Crown) were both on the cinecast. I liked that version of the countdown the best. I do hope they go to 12 next year for the whole 2000s show.

I don't know if the "in studio audience" could have been any more awkward.

Some of it was just really weird.

Overall though, it was an enjoyable experience. Jersey Surf sounds great.

Very good DCI. I loved that Will Pitts (Emperor of Phantom Regiment) and Evan Van Doren (Drum Major for Crown) were both on the cinecast. I liked that version of the countdown the best. I do hope they go to 12 next year for the whole 2000s show.

Pitts is a natural. I hope DCI keeps him busy in the future. He's intelligent and has a great demeanor in bringing his enthusiasm to everything.

I was especially taken with Dennis DeLucia's commentary. He was stellar and was at the absolute top of his game.

Of course, there's a reason the other dude is nicknamed "Reliable Rondo." He's always a great foil for Dennis, and vice versa.

I thought the sound was pretty awful. It sounded like two computer speakers at the front of the theater. Crown 2007 was the loudest and most balanced of all the shows. Both of the shows from Denver 2004 were very weak in terms of sound. I really thought this was going to be a lot better. The audience looked a bit awkward. I liked the stuff with Evan and Will, and I wanted more of that kind of stuff. Also, I really wish they would do something that represents more corps and more eras. I don't want to go back to the first Countdown, necessarily (all decades of DCI represented), but there are ways to do this that don't include full shows from every year.

Oh, and SIX participating theaters in Austin meant a tiny audience at our theater. We don't need that many theaters in Austin playing this thing, two of which were literally 2 exits away from each other on the same freeway. The small audience was just such a downer.

I really wanted this to be better. I didn't want to shell out $12.50 for mediocrity, but that's kinda what I got. (not the shows mind you, the shows were some of the best ever but the sound and format didn't do them justice by a long shot!)

But mostly, I am not happy about the sound. I really want my money back. I could have had more fun (and better sound) playing these shows on my computer or TV sound system.

I thought the sound was pretty awful. It sounded like two computer speakers at the front of the theater.

I really wanted this to be better. I didn't want to shell out $12.50 for mediocrity, but that's kinda what I got. (not the shows mind you, the shows were some of the best ever but the sound and format didn't do them justice by a long shot!)

But mostly, I am not happy about the sound. I really want my money back. I could have had more fun (and better sound) playing these shows on my computer or TV sound system.

Agree 100%. My theater had the left speakers out!! You would think a musical show would have not been put into a theater with speakers not working.

But if it helps the corps or DCI I guess it was money well spent. But I will not do it again.

Pitts is a natural. I hope DCI keeps him busy in the future. He's intelligent and has a great demeanor in bringing his enthusiasm to everything.

I was especially taken with Dennis DeLucia's commentary. He was stellar and was at the absolute top of his game.

Of course, there's a reason the other dude is nicknamed "Reliable Rondo." He's always a great foil for Dennis, and vice versa.

I couldn't agree more with all your points!

I went to the show in Sioux Falls, SD, which is the home for a number of PR members and alumni, so the theater had an appreciative crowd. The sound was pretty feeble for the Bluecoats, but some of us had a word with the manager to turn the sound up and he was very nice about it. He didn't crank it up to earbleed level, but it was pretty respectable and I enjoyed the rest of the show a lot.

This is the second countdown (I think) in Sioux Falls, and the theater was probably 2/3-3/4 full. I'd say there was at least three times more in attendance than last year, so I'm hoping the theater will consider it good business to keep hosting these events.

Edited by sdstar

The sound in Hamilton NJ was ok for the first 2 corps then got louder....no L/R dropouts.....Have liked alot of BD shows more then Godfather...2nd place Crown!!!!!!!! Had not seen PR Spartacus but WOW...they put on a SHOW!!!!! Congrats!!!!

:laughing: Agree Pitts is a natural...next gen comin up!!!

Edited by Jazzfman