Drums Along the Strip

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please remind all truck drivers that SEMI TRUCKS and trucks with trailers are not allowed to cross over the dam heading toward phoenix or flagstaff.

any truck going west from Las Vegas, has to go south to Lake Havasu, then east to Kingman, about a 1 hour extra time.

Not exactly Havasu. You have to go on US95 between Kingman and Boulder City, through Laughlin, NV, and Bullhead City, AZ. That's where you cross the Colorado River.

Garry in Vegas

Anticipating the new Black Canyon Bridge, bypassing the dam

it's an open stadium, now if you want hot, The Academy in 2006 did a div II show in Lake Havasu, it was 100 at show time 9:00pm

all corps rehearsed in doors that day.

I drove down from Vegas to see that show. It was incredibly uncomfortable. The humidity was unbearable.

although, I thought it was 2007.

I drove down from Vegas to see that show. It was incredibly uncomfortable. The humidity was unbearable.

although, I thought it was 2007.

Aren't you guys always talking about the "dry heat?" :tongue:

I, personally, never say "But it's a dry heat!"

Stick your head in an oven. That's a dry heat, too, but it's still uncomfortable as heck!

For the first year I lived here, I drove a moped. Try driving that in 120 degree weather. Like driving into a giant hairdryer.

Glassmen play with the Toledo Symphony almost every year, and I know for a fact that they play at the Toledo Zoo once every summer. Local stuff but way different than the DCI shows.

the zoo got cut last year

baddaboom baddabing!

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked out the ticket prices for this event. $25 for the worst seats, $40 and $60 for premium seats??? Are they for real? For 5 corps?

This show is dead in the water if they expect to sell tickets at those prices.