"Lake Erie Thunder" Camp #9

I guess because of the exclamation point and our hostile exchange earlier in the year. No hard feelings on my part I assure you. Its been a bad day..... They sent out an e-mail this morning saying we were going inactive for 2009. That's all. i don't know why they haven't announced it yet. Once the email is sent.....its out there. We had a solid horn line of around 25 for a long time. The horn line would have smoked by August. Good job to our brass staff and Ken Berlin in particular. The drum line and guard never materialized. A bunch of key percussion people went to Empire and took some players with them. No bass drum line. A few T-birds snares willing to help out, a few pit folks. People we were counting on, we shouldn't have been counting on. Band directors didn't participate. Not enough rehearsal time scheduled, some bad decisions. You name it, it happened.

Mike_B. I am truly devastated by this post......what a fickle world it be...believe me when I say that it is truly a sad day for Drum Corps ..but and I know I keep quoting you...you will survive....I am a 54 turning 55 year old snare drummer long retired......I hoped and wished nothing but the best for you guys in Erie.....you and Nick and countless others...it will happen my friend....I see only by being here on DCP that indeed you have such great connections..DA for sure..and I guess as always there will be the alumni corps.....but it was so exciting to think that "thunder" would be a reality this season....again my good wishes to you and others to try to have a great year...etc..If I could have driven the 6 hours .although i have no chops left....I would have been honoured to march in your corps.....just sayin!!! :tongue:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I wasnt trying to be a smart a-s-s when I said that to Nick and now I feel awful. I truly didnt expect this at all. I was really hoping to see the corps on the field.

Pardon my comments please...I only thought there wasnt going to be practice this weekend.

Donny

Wow...I wasnt trying to be a smart a-s-s when I said that to Nick and now I feel awful. I truly didnt expect this at all. I was really hoping to see the corps on the field.

Pardon my comments please...I only thought there wasnt going to be practice this weekend.

Donny

It's OK Donny. This truly is horrible news. I really wanted to march. I got the phone call on Fri night from the Corps Director. Didn't sleep very well. I feel like I just lost my girlfriend. Spent all day drinking Labatt Blues at Tommy Davenports house instead of rehearsing. Mikey "B" showed up. I got real drunk. Tommy and I pulled out the Sops anyway. He still screams.

Just want to let yinz know that this absolutely freakin' sux. I ain't happy. That's all.................

Mike_B. I am truly devastated by this post......what a fickle world it be...believe me when I say that it is truly a sad day for Drum Corps ..but and I know I keep quoting you...you will survive....I am a 54 turning 55 year old snare drummer long retired......I hoped and wished nothing but the best for you guys in Erie.....you and Nick and countless others...it will happen my friend....I see only by being here on DCP that indeed you have such great connections..DA for sure..and I guess as always there will be the alumni corps.....but it was so exciting to think that "thunder" would be a reality this season....again my good wishes to you and others to try to have a great year...etc..If I could have driven the 6 hours .although i have no chops left....I would have been honoured to march in your corps.....just sayin!!! :tongue:

thanks stanforj, we would have loved to have you. We'll still have that beer at DCA's, eh? mike B

thanks stanforj, we would have loved to have you. We'll still have that beer at DCA's, eh? mike B

Here's a thought. Why don't you guys bring Thunder to Dunkirk for Memorial Day? You've worked hard all winter and you should get the chance to play. Come join us along with the Thunderbirds to play. It's always fun with lots of refreshments, food, fun and a very receptive audience. You'll find lots of your friends there.

All the best

Steve Cooley

The Board of Directors and the Staff of the Lake Erie Thunder Drum & Bugle Corps have decided to go inactive due to the inability to present the minimum numbers required in time for evaluation and approval for competition for the 2009 DCA compeditive season.

Everyone,.....................a lot happened,...............it was time for us to realize that time has run out for us to recruit and build into putting the show on the field in time ,............

Edited by Gary Matczak

Time for a beer........ :tongue:

My thoughts exactly!!! AN ice cold canadian right here , right now..and beef kabobs on the BBQ!! :crazy: "ENJOY"