"Lake Erie Thunder" Camp #9

Wow, lol, this gets crazier every day. Sensitive people "in here." I was looking for clarification, and I got it. My ducks weren't in a row...that was the whole point, to learn. I learned, and explained why I thought the way I did, nothing more.

Keep bringin' the hate, though, it's entertaining.

No hate involved here sir. (don't no how you came up with that) Should you wish clarification, rather than post here, I would suggest PM'ing or eMailing those in the know. Just sayin.........

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it exactly right Bob. What say we put this to bed all and focus on the corps that made it? T-birds will be fine, we'll be at mini-corps. These same people govern Thunder and they aren't going anywhere. Lots of good stuff going on elsewhere. When people who weren't even involved start "explaining it", it's time to shut the thread down. It's all been said. What do you say Firesop1?

Edited by Mike_B

Wow, lol, this gets crazier every day. Sensitive people "in here." I was looking for clarification, and I got it. My ducks weren't in a row...that was the whole point, to learn. I learned, and explained why I thought the way I did, nothing more.

Keep bringin' the hate, though, it's entertaining.

Again, this is Tom's wife, not Tom.

I don't think the "light bulb going on" inflection can be felt/heard when READING a post. I read it as kinda...OH! OK! I GET IT NOW!!!!! ... LOL A lot of people are feeling bad about this whole thing and I think over time the open wounds won't be so salty and all will be taken in the right context. No harm. No foul!

You got it exactly right Bob. What say we put this to bed all and focus on the corps that made it? T-birds will be fine, we'll be at mini-corps. These same people govern Thunder and they aren't going anywhere. Lots of good stuff going on elsewhere. When people who weren't even involved start "explaining it", it's time to shut the thread down. It's all been said. What do you say Firesop1?

As I said in an earlier post......please everyone....."KEEP THE FAITH"!!! We are all very hurt about what has happened right now.....but, this is NOT THE END........"Lake Erie Thunder" is not finished......All things are possible "if you believe"!!!

Our time will come.....

Erie was home to TWO corps...The Lake Erie Regiment (DCI div. III) and the Erie Thunderbirds Alumni Corps. The Regiment was a small contingent trying to keep alive in the div. III circut, but could not sustain membership for the summer traveling schedule, thus the idea to form an ALL AGE corps, "Lake Erie Thunder", and compete in "A" Class, DCA.

The thought pattern here was to afford those that still wanted to march - a weekend schedule - shows within 4 - 5- hours from Erie, and a chance for those in the Thunderbirds to combine with the younger members from the Regiment.

The Thunderbirds are an aging group (myself included), many of which may not want to, or cannot, march.....but still want to play!

It remains a great idea, and came very close to making it out this year except for battery and guard numbers.

This is the part I don't understand..

Lake Erie Regiment (according to their website) has a Winter Guard and Indoor Percussion Ensemble, based in Erie.

Yet, the project to transform the Div. III focus into a Class A DCA one, fell short for want of a guard and drumline. Where did the kids from Lake Erie Regiment all go, since they were all guard and drummers?

Edited by brassomaniac

Well, when we started, the winter drum line was in our organization, but they got an offer from the erie school district for full funding and then some went to Empire for the summer. Winter guard is all about the winter guard and nothing else. We had counted on substantial participation from these groups but they didn't, at all.

Well, when we started, the winter drum line was in our organization, but they got an offer from the erie school district for full funding and then some went to Empire for the summer. Winter guard is all about the winter guard and nothing else. We had counted on substantial participation from these groups but they didn't, at all.

Wow.

It's really too bad that the two organizations (or their members) couldn't have supported each others' efforts to put out a corps at home. Now players will, once again, have to travel somewhere else to compete.

Edited by brassomaniac

Wow.

It's really too bad that the two organizations (or their members) couldn't have supported each others' efforts to put out a corps at home. Now players will, once again, have to travel somewhere else to compete.

A lot of these members also decided that the summer was time for a break weather there decision or their parents. Most of the members are high school age kids and they wanted a break after doing marching band and doing indoor.

Now players will, once again, have to travel somewhere else to compete.

That's why I'm a little pizzed-off! I have received 2 offers to march with Corps from another state. I was hoping to be able play my Soprano, and not drive more than 45 minutes to practice. I certainly can see how Empire would be a more attractive Corps to march with. Some people even went to Crusaders. I'd be at Cru, however, I prefer to play Soprano in Drum Corps. (that's my opinion) I'd march with Empire, but............3 Hours to rehearse! Besides, my wife said: "NO!"

So, I guess I'll be a spectator................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!.................................DAM!!!!!

Got THUNDERBIRD rehearsal tonight. Maybe I'll get real drunk and talk about what we shoulda, woulda, coulda done differently to keep a field Corps in Erie.

I am Nick......I play Soprano..........I ain't too happy.

Nothing for nothing.. but I think this has gone a little overboard,. and probably should be discussed or takenOFF LINE>. or you may not get any interest for next year... sorry ... just my opinion from experience... not trying to mess up an already messed up sandbox ! just couldn;t sit and watch this continue on the way it was!!

I respect Gary , Jeff and Tom and the rest and hope this can come together next year.. sometimes you gotta take baby steps... Best Of Luck..

Edited by hurcwave