Got a Chance to Hear the Hurcs last night

Both. :thumbup: But work got in the way and I never got the chance to go back and edit the post and complete my thoughts after the boss disappeared from the office. Then I was away all weekend.

Yes, I was very surprised at the thought that Mr. Genero wasn't among the upper elite. This isn't what I was brought up hearing for the last 20 years so I was taken aback by Don's commentary.

BUT WOW also applies to this year's Hurricane's show. The opener alone is going to make everyone take a step back and rethink their predictions this year. Bernie M. and Jim Dugan, and the rest of the staff, and the membership have really worked hard to put together a top notch show.

And Ray Fallon was correct in his earlier dinasour assessment of the crowd. When I first joined all I heard about was 'the old dinasours'. Now I am one...go figure... :thumbup:

Nah - Fish and I, Glynn, Oravez, Richie, Chas King, Skippy, and most of that crowd qualify as dinosaurs. You look like you could still march - remember that dinosaurs didn't completely become extinct - most people think they evolved into what we think of now as birds, for instance legal EAGLES. We're dinosaurs - you're like us in some ways, but 60 million years later. And Fish - yes indeed I was referring to you - but at least you were a Raptor!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

Thanks Ray ~ hope to see you again soon. Like Saturday soon. :thumbup:

Nah - Fish and I, Glynn, Oravez, Richie, Chas King, Skippy, and most of that crowd qualify as dinosaurs. You look like you could still march - remember that dinosaurs didn't completely become extinct - most people think they evolved into what we think of now as birds, for instance legal EAGLES. We're dinosaurs - you're like us in some ways, but 60 million years later. And Fish - yes indeed I was referring to you - but at least you were a Raptor!!!

Nah !.....that can't be true....i don't even like rap !

Come on ~ that was funny. :thumbup:

I really though you were joking Don so I replied in similar format. I don't disagree with everything you post at all.

i know..............i just have a dry sence of humor. all the old cru guy's know that.

:thumbup:

Thanks Ray ~ hope to see you again soon. Like Saturday soon. :thumbup:

I'll be there... "We hail from old Bayonne, the ####" ah you know the song...

Nah !.....that can't be true....i don't even like rap !

Yeah - i used to feel that way, but lately i play like Rap (but only in C)

you know - C Rap...

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah - i used to feel that way, but lately i play like Rap (but only in C)

you know - C Rap...

Ray,

That reminds me of a Fred Sanford line, from the old TV series, Sanford and Son...

"I like to mix cream soda with Ripple...

I call it Cripple!!!" :thumbup:

Hope to see you soon!

JJ

I forgot to add...

Best of luck to Jim Dugan, and the Hurcs, this season!!! :thumbup:

Ray,

That reminds me of a Fred Sanford line, from the old TV series, Sanford and Son...

"I like to mix cream soda with Ripple...

I call it Cripple!!!" :blink:

Hope to see you soon!

JJ

Jimmy,

I thought you meant Fred Sandford as in SCV one of the greatest perc writers of all times...

Hard to see that Fred drinking Ripple, but...

Jimmy,

I thought you meant Fred Sandford as in SCV one of the greatest perc writers of all times...

Hard to see that Fred drinking Ripple, but...

Ray...

I knew that Fred, as well, from his days at Bergenfield High School. (My sister was in the color guard)

He was a great man, and incredibly talented! :thumbup:

On another note...hopefully the sun will make another appearance by the next time you come to town! :laughing: