Synthesizers in drum corps

It is the same face [Holy Name] Cadets carry the moment they step off the bus and are in [any] part of the Cadet uniform. That face is not meant to be anything but focused and ready to perform. I don't know how you get a "not happy" look out of that. Nice try :)

Irving

Fan of the Arts

It is known as the "game face." We used it, I know Boston and many other corps BITD did. We put the shako on and it was time to

g:thumbs-up:

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head can think of two other things that could affect the Mini Corps numbers.

1) Number of Minis that are also corps competing at DCA. Renegades, Minni-Brass, Govies, Outlaws (one of the TX corps) off the top of my head. Some do parts of the field show and some don't. No idea how they decide to go/no go Mini corps. One year some do it and the next year they don't. *shrug*

2) MCA started having their own shows and Championships starting in 2007 at Harrisburg. Thinking this might have affected some of the NE corps not going to DCA I&E but need to check the names. Before MCA, the only Mini competition was DCA so now there is an alternative.

So it's fair to say that DCA is 24, perhaps after later this month, a 25 corps circuit. Mini Corps are their own thing and can be featured at DCA finals as an event, but have no designation as being part of DCA. Yes?

And if amps aren't even out of committee, why are people on here worrying about synthesizers invading DCA? It sounds like a home for more traditional drum corps roots type of productions.

And as I have said before...it seems like we have someplace for all fans of drum corps to appreciate. DCA, the two divisions of DCI, and Mini Corps. Sounds like a good time can be had by all, either with a synth or without it. Enjoy people...season's are about to start!

which rock bands and which tickets?

I saw Bruce Springsteen last year at Giant Stadium for $15.00 (face value of ticket). Sat in the back, upper deck...8th row

3 hour and 40 minute show......GREAT Concert !!!

Other recent concerts attended.....

Van Halen $49.95

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers $55.00

DCI is very pricey.......in comparison

So it's fair to say that DCA is 24, perhaps after later this month, a 25 corps circuit. Mini Corps are their own thing and can be featured at DCA finals as an event, but have no designation as being part of DCA. Yes?

And if amps aren't even out of committee, why are people on here worrying about synthesizers invading DCA? It sounds like a home for more traditional drum corps roots type of productions.

And as I have said before...it seems like we have someplace for all fans of drum corps to appreciate. DCA, the two divisions of DCI, and Mini Corps. Sounds like a good time can be had by all, either with a synth or without it. Enjoy people...season's are about to start!

DCA i believe is 28 corps at prelims, plus 4 maybe 5 other corps not coming to prelims this year mainly due to economy.

people are worried, because usually, dca signs off on what dci allows within 5-10 years

I saw Bruce Springsteen last year at Giant Stadium for $15.00 (face value of ticket). Sat in the back, upper deck...8th row

3 hour and 40 minute show......GREAT Concert !!!

Other recent concerts attended.....

Van Halen $49.95

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers $55.00

DCI is very pricey.......in comparison

Def leppard Journey 3 years ago 35 per. Rush 4th row $52.

Mini Corps are their own thing and can be featured at DCA finals as an event, but have no designation as being part of DCA. Yes?

Yes... And for the record the Alumni corps that play Sunday morning are not part of DCA either. DCA hosts a show for both groups as part of the weekend activities.

Edit: Saw Springsteen last month at Hershey (yeah THAT stadium) in the most expensive seats down on the ground $99. Things ya gotta do when someone in your group has a bad leg.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

people are worried, because usually, dca signs off on what dci allows within 5-10 years

I think DCA understands its audience and wouldn't be stupid enough to go as far as mics and electronics. Amping the pit might be a possibility but I even doubt that.

I think DCA understands its audience and wouldn't be stupid enough to go as far as mics and electronics. Amping the pit might be a possibility but I even doubt that.

Been thinking about the "10 year rule" too. But can think of two things that would at least slow down the use of amps.

1) Harder for DCA corps to get a sweetheart deal like some top DCI corps do.

2) DCA putting more interest and effort in helping the smaller and start up corps. Adding costs of amps, etc, etc would have the opposite effect.

Been thinking about the "10 year rule" too. But can think of two things that would at least slow down the use of amps.

1) Harder for DCA corps to get a sweetheart deal like some top DCI corps do.

2) DCA putting more interest and effort in helping the smaller and start up corps. Adding costs of amps, etc, etc would have the opposite effect.

DCA also has more respect for tradition and the accoustic nature of drum corps

and i'l be honest.....i'm not a fan of giving YEA money.

but considering some rock bands dont charge $40 i think it's a bit much for 5 corps

YEA wouldn't stop me from enjoying a drum corps show :) And I don't know where you go to see concerts for $40. The venues I hit start easy around $75 and that's sitting up in the rafters. If I want a better seat I have to pay more money to get that seat.

Irving

Fan of the Arts