Cavaliers - 15.20/19.3 + 4.1

Holy Name Cadets - 14.80/19.5 + 4.7

Madison Scouts - 14.40/16.0 + 1.6

Carolina Crown - 14.40/19.7 + 5.3

Blue Stars - 13.90/17.8 + 3.9

Glassmen - 13.50/17.3 + 3.8

Boston Crusaders - 13.20/18.2 + 5.0

Colts - 12.50/17.0 + 4.5

In looking at some of the early posts in this thread I came across this post by Cop. I couldn't believe how little the drum score went up from the June 22 show to the Aug 7 show compared to all of the other drum lines listed in the post.

In bold are the scores from Semi Finals. Any idea why so little improvement over the course of the season as compared to the others? It's not like they started out behind.

I'm going to stop posting in this thread. I can't see continuing to post doing anything but make my corps look bad. So don't be surprised if I don't respond to questions/quotes from other people. Feel free to PM me.
Same.

And I shall now do the same as well. Getting facts, as I have, from Facebook connections who are corps members goes only so far.

However, I could not allow anyone who only had 1/4 facts ... as some posters above did... continue to pontificate and bellow out their incorrect self righteous wind bag vile garbage.

Now that people are here who were THERe... we'll see where this goes, and who fesses up to what.

Edited by GGarrett

This direction of this thread has been brought to my attention and I feel that some aspects of this can be addressed.

Let me confirm that an incident occurred on Friday evening in which a Crossmen uniform was found on the bus of the Madison Scouts. The uniform was discovered by members of the Madison Scouts and they themselves immediately took the uniform to a staff member of the Crossmen and explained where it was found. The uniform was not damaged in any way.

The circumstances of how the uniform got on the bus are unclear. The location of the uniform on the bus, how it was found, the co-location of the two corps and the fact that we shared the same bus service has made it difficult to actually determine whether this is serious breach of conduct or not. The corps was addressed on the situation Friday evening at our housing site and Dann and I are continuing to investigate the situation directly with the members.

If it is found that the uniform was stolen, that is a serious offense and completely against the Madison Scouts' "code of conduct". Each corps members signs a "code of conduct" and the guidelines for their behavior are clearly stated in the member handbook. Not following the principles set forth in those documents, and constantly reinforced directly by Dann, would result in punishment and potential expulsion from the corps.

As for the inappropriate gestures, again this is under investigation with our membership.

For any fans and alumni of the corps, let me say that we hold Madison Scouts members to a high standard of conduct. This is discussed, reinforced and made clear from day 1 of their participation in the corps. When a member falls short of that standard, we judiciously address the situation, punish as required, and hope to turn the situation into an opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. I have confidence in the systems that we have in place to monitor and address these situations.

Dann spoke with Mark Chambers on Saturday to address the situation. We have agreed to a scenario in the 2010 season to bring the corps together in hopes of resolving any real or perceived conflicts between the two organizations.

No doubt the Madison Scouts just completed a season in which the on-field program missed its expectations. Let's be careful that we not mix the programmatic results of our field production with a belief that all characteristics of the organization are beginning to fail. That is simply not true. The experience and learning opportunities we provide for our membership is rock solid. Throughout Finals weeks, I had endless conversations with parents who discussed the positive transformations that their sons had experienced as Madison Scouts. I am proud of the work Dann has done with these young men.

As we rebuild for a better competitive future, having a solid foundation in our members and the membership experience will be critical. As an administrative team, we do recognize that we must make critical changes in order to move forward as an organization both on and off the field of competition.

If you would like to address any of these matters, please contact me directly. I do glance DCP from time-to-time, but I generally prefer to address concerns in a more direct fashion. Some of you who post here have reached out to me and I think the dialog has had a very positive result.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

ckomnick@madisonscouts.org

I'd personally like to thank The Original/DCPwhatever and Louie Louie for showing us all what the true definition of "class" really is.

Good job, fellas.

not defending, confirming or denying any of this terribly naughty behavior...but it's worth pointing out

1. There was definitely more than one incident of "uniform exchange" this season. Another such incident happened between Cavaliers and BD.

2. there were probably..and this is a conservative estimate..a few hundred incidents of one corps "taunting" another this season

3. Anyone who believes or promotes the idea that all of the poor behavior was on Madison's part is obviously biased and completely lacking in credibility.

As we rebuild for a better competitive future, having a solid foundation in our members and the membership experience will be critical. As an administrative team, we do recognize that we must make critical changes in order to move forward as an organization both on and off the field of competition.

If you would like to address any of these matters, please contact me directly. I do glance DCP from time-to-time, but I generally prefer to address concerns in a more direct fashion. Some of you who post here have reached out to me and I think the dialog has had a very positive result.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

ckomnick@madisonscouts.org

Thank you for posting this reply here, Chris. I always have the utmost admiration and respect for people who will address questions raised on the Internet, because you never know what kind of response you're going to get. You've explained the situation thoroughly, and I -- and I'm sure many other fans of the Madison Scouts -- appreciate it.

I will remove all of my previous posts about the interactions between the scouts and crossmen. I am not saying they didn't happen by removing them but I wish to not harbor any more bad feelings between the corps. I still trust the people that told me it happened and do still feel that the scouts can be a respectable organization. Here's to the hope that both corps can return to their former selves competitively and can move past the things that have occurred. The crossmen have done things in the past too and we can't little a few incidents ruin an entire reputation of our corps. However, it's a shame that things like this do happen nowadays. I haven't stated specifics of the incident from this year because I don't feel it's fair to point out the exact people on the giving AND receiving end. Good luck next year and let's hope the corps can settle their scores on the field not off.

There was an incident in the lot at semifinals last year involving the Crossmen, and I sent a PRIVATE message to the Crossmen regarding it so they could investigate. This is the proper way to handle something like this, NOT in a public arena like DCP where there is a lot of speculation and little facts to go on.

Those who are bashing the kids in public regarding an incident where not all the facts are known are worse than the kids who supposedly took the Crossmen uniform, since as adults you should definitely have learned better behavior by now. I can't believe the Crossmen are completely innocent in all this, nor can I believe that this sort of stuff doesn't happen year after year with various corps. We're dealing with high school and college kids here, and pranks are not unusual behavior for this age group. Why is it that some incidents/pranks are laughed off, and others are turned into major events?

I think that if you are competing against people, teams, or corps all summer that stuff will be said in done as pranks and taughting and all that jazz.........its the reality of competition......alot of people do it....take with grain of sand....its just a prank thats all.....