OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

is the show supposed to be funny ??

Kinda-sorta. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with comic book superheroes and what-not, hence the Mexican-wrestler type outfit.

Do they look ridiculous? Yeah I think so.

Will it be easier to absorb when there's a show going on? Yeah, probably. (hopefully) If they can pull me into the theme, then I'm pretty sure I won't mind it. Crown's 07 uniforms were kinda ridiculous, and even though I don't really like the show that much I can honestly say that I didn't mind them.

The good news is that the sash "problem" is easily fixable. I'm not sure about them yet since the "cape-effect" technically adds to the show theme.

less than 24 hours... :tongue:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They almost look like the black "bad Spidey-suit". I predict that not only will they be the perfect uniform to sell the show concept, but they will also generate more buzz than practically anything else that happens on the field in DCI this summer. No doubt it could be an experiment that falls squarely on its face...but I don't think it will. I still give the designers a big :tongue: for having the guts to throw it out there!

Completely agreed.

The pictures of the guard unis we have all seen are rather close-up; thus accenting the face, due to the mask. I'm curious to see what they'd look like from the "high-cam" angle; this is what the judges and, more importantly, the audience will experience. My intuition tells me that the design team took this viewpoint into consideration.

Yeah, I have little doubt that the exaggerated features are entirely intentional so as to create the most visual impact from the stands.

Completely agreed.

The pictures of the guard unis we have all seen are rather close-up; thus accenting the face, due to the mask. I'm curious to see what they'd look like from the "high-cam" angle; this is what the judges and, more importantly, the audience will experience. My intuition tells me that the design team took this viewpoint into consideration.

hey BigBadMadMan

missed you; glad you're back

Go Scouts!

P!O!W!

:blink:

Missed me???! I assure you, if you did indeed miss me, you were most likely the ONLY one. :tongue:

Missed me???! I assure you, if you did indeed miss me, you were most likely the ONLY one. :tongue:

I missed you, too, Justin.

Steve POW(ers)

I think when people see the show and hear the music they will accept the red sashes/capes more. To me when I first saw them, I wasnt sure, however the more I look at it the more they makes perfect sense. It has a certain matador (ish) look. Very latin and perfect for the Relampago theme. I talked to Chris Komnick about the sashes a few weeks back and he said that they are an accent piece to go along with the theme of the show. I think they accomplished that 100%. The guard uni's are outstanding. Remember ladies and gentlemen, the name of the show is "RELAMPAGO", a Mexican cartoon hero.

Also, the DM's uniform is drop dead gorgeous!!

See you in Rockford tonight and GO SCOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw the sashes I was reminded of the movie Tombstone. The "cowboys" were the bad guys and they wore red sashes which look very similar to Scouts'. I looked for a photo from the movie but I came upon the photo below which is Tombstone "re enactors" who knew they existed?

westerndays073.jpg

Edited by Scerpella

Some have identified DC Comics Black Lightning as the likely inspiration for the guard costume. I'd say they were absolutely correct.

022df.jpg

Edited by Scerpella