OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Since most front ensembles dont wear the headgear of their respective corps I suspect there is a good reason for it, which I would guess is that with a visor or other headgear in the way they must look up more frequently to watch the DM and arent able to utilize their peripheral vision.

That, plus from a visual ensemble standpoint, hats in the pit are a bit of a distraction.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it too, Jordan, it just sound really bright and tinny in Bb.

I don't mind saying that I think those Madison guard uniforms are a riot. GREAT for the show. I wish I could see them live.

5019_1161091300424_1022068347_494442_3490325_n.jpg

Those are BY FAR one of the coolest guard uniforms I've seen....at least since the "pirates" in '97 and maybe ever! Aside from Crown's "horses" being right up there, these have to be tops in probably the last 15-20 years, IMO. I'm so psyched!

Sorry...I know i'm repeating myself here...i'm just still so shocked. Haha

POW!!!

Edited by BigBadMadMan

I like it too, Jordan, it just sound really bright and tinny in Bb.

I don't mind saying that I think those Madison guard uniforms are a riot. GREAT for the show. I wish I could see them live.

I'm just wondering why we can't get that same type of excitement, substance, and quality of arrangement in the actual field shows (although Relámpago seems like a HUGE step in the right direction musically). I'm sure the loss of Boerma has something to do with it.

Edited by Hrothgar15

I'm just wondering why we can't get that same type of excitement, substance, and quality of arrangement in the actual field shows (although Relámpago seems like a HUGE step in the right direction musically). I'm sure the loss of Boerma has something to do with it.

This show is unmistakably Madison (New Madison?) The hornline has added some very strong upper leads and the opener particularly is all about impact. I feel like it meanders a bit during the center of the show but it gets back on track for the closer.

Edited by Scerpella

I bet by San Antonio the corps will be in red hats and red shoes....Now POW POW POW for real!

Go Scouts, always loved... :tongue:

Meh...I don't like the sashes at all (hopefully that changes by the time I go to Murfreesboro). Guard unis are cool though =)

This show is unmistakably Madison (New Madison?) The hornline has added some very strong upper leads and the opener particularly is all about impact. I feel like it meanders a bit during the center of the show but it gets back on track for the closer.

Can't wait to see them.

I love the guard uni's. Not quite sure about the sash. Maybe I was expecting something along the '88-'02 version.

The only thing I really don't like is the the red sash and maroon drums don't really go that well - but that's small potatoes.

Can't wait to see how thing go down at the so called "show of shows"

GO SCOUTS!!!!

POW