What Corps In The Sr Circuit.....

... and who could forget the white pigeons on the field! That's innovation.

I'm sorry, one of the most entertaining moments I ever had watching drum corps!

Thanks Marty..... :satisfied:

Ouch!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for awhile on this thread I was never going to see...." NY Skyliners ", and that would have saddened me.

( but I'm glad SOMEBODY finally put in a plug above for this once great Drum Corps powerhouse )

... and who could forget the white pigeons on the field! That's innovation.

I'm sorry, one of the most entertaining moments I ever had watching drum corps!

Yeah but Walt "Moses" Kelly was the real entertainment with that starters pistol. :thumbup:

"Moses" as in Walt parting the Dove Sea..... :unhappy:

I never miss an opportunity to retell a great story... mentioning Walter Kelly and his gun opens up the opportunity...

OLD Scranton Memorial Stadium... shortly after his cancer surgury - when he was using the electronic voice squawk box... for those that don't know - he would hold this box up to his throat and it would amplify his voice... a bit like an Irish DARTH VADER.... lol

before critique - he warns everyone... when I say time is up... stop talking and move on to the next judge... the critique is in the concrete bunker under the stands - hot, loud and confined...

The corps come in and begin the critique... after the alloted number of minutes Walter puts his electronic voice to his throat and says - sounding a bit like Kermit the Frog... "Time is up" of course NO ONE heard him in this echo chamber... he repeated this several times... still nothing...

Finally.... BOOM.... everyone's ears shatter... clip boards go flying... people dive under benches... and there in the middle of the room with a xoxoxoxo smile on his face is Walter - smoking gun still raised above his head...

and all we heard was

"he he he... I said, TIME WAS UP"

The rest of the critques was VERY quiet...

Edited by TomPeashey